Chapter 31

Eugene hasn't seen Felix again ever since that encounter. But she too, has been very busy with her assignments, and with her neighbour's encouragement, she manages to draw a proper line between her mother and her.

Without causing too much chaos, she was able to convince her mom not to contact her for the next couple of days to give her space so she could concentrate on her assignments—making her understand that the more her mom checks on her, the more time she wastes on 'socialising' instead of doing work.

I wonder if Felix is doing okay. She wants to believe that the male has talked to his teammates and reconciled, but knowing Felix, he probably reaches out to Hyunjin first, but not Han. Especially not in this short amount of time.

Eugene sighs and decides to close the laptop in front of her. She has been grinding for about 3 hours without a break, so it's probably time to have a walk in the university's garden to relax her mind.

As she leaves her dormitory, she is baffled to find the least expected person, sitting on one of the benches in front of her building.

What is Han doing here? She thinks he probably comes to buy some groceries in the store right under her building. But after hearing the main door slide open, Han lifts his head and makes eye contact with Eugene.

"Yo." He greets getting up from the bench.

"Hello...?" Eugene looks at him suspiciously. "You're not here by coincidence, are you?"

"As expected from a sharp person." Han chuckles, his expression then turns a bit anxious, which isn't something that the girl often sees. "I'm here to talk to you."

The last time she saw Han was when the four of them gathered at Hyunjin's place, and he wasn't exactly on the best terms with her at all.

But something about him today is different. So she folds her arms, raising her brows at his statement.

"Interesting. I'm just about to go to the garden to chill."

"Take me with you."

.

.

.

The garden gives the girl so many feelings. Even if the memories she made with Felix here aren't considered old, she feels extremely nostalgic for some odd reason.

She takes a seat on one of the benches with Han following after. Her eyes immediately set on the male's, smiling as she tried to hear him out without judging. 

"I'm listening."

Seeing how she gets herself ready to hear whatever he has to say, makes him unconsciously smile, secretly surprising the female. 

Sometimes Han forgets that Eugene is one of the most patient and open-minded people he has ever known.

"First things first, we're probably not the best of friends. But I... wanted to hear your perspective, because it seemed like you could help." He says in an awkward, slightly shaky tone, "So I really appreciate you for being here."

Eugene nods at Han, gesturing him to continue. 

"You probably already saw this coming, but I'm feeling worried about the upcoming recital. Hyunjin and Felix seemed to be fostering a good relationship as usual... and I didn't like that." Han starts, almost whispering as if he feels very insecure about it.

"You didn't like it? Why?" Even if the girl knows the answer, she wants the male to figure it out for himself. And luckily, Han, being more transparent than usual, shakes his head in shame. "I think I'm just jealous because I feel left out."