Chapter 11

"You... didn't have to do this for me," Eugene says in a soft tone while Felix holds onto her hand to do a quick first-aid relief. He doesn't respond, only focused on wrapping her hand nicely with a dressing and bandage after applying some cold medicinal spray earlier.

"Felix—"

"Shh, let me finish this quickly." He shuts her off and continues the treatment. After a few more seconds, he finally manages to secure the bandage in its place. "Okay. You're good. Now go back to your room!"

"Fine fine!" She raises her hand in defeat. "Honestly, you could've just given me the kit and let me treat myself while you continue doing your assignment."

"And you'll probably take years to do it, so no." He replies in a slightly teasing tone. "But yeah please leave, I have to finish my assignment thanks."

"One last question!" She speaks up and the way Felix's body stops moving and drops his shoulders afterward is already showing how much he's tired of it.

But he still tries his best to be considerate, especially after Eugene stood up for him that day, so he replies. "What is it?"

"What major are you taking? You seem so stressed."

"Oh." He previously thought it would be a complicated question that needs brain power to comprehend and answer; but it turned out to be a common, straightforward question. "I'm taking performing arts."

"Eh? Then shouldn't you be practicing for recitals or something? Why are you sitting in front of the PC stressing out..." She asks, genuinely confused.

"I have no pressure in terms of recitals. But I'm awful when it comes to theories and papers. We're not all about singing and dancing only." He sighs, sitting down in front of his computer to click on his tabs.

Eugene can sense the stress just from the way he moves his cursor and aggressively clicks and types on his document—editing its content. She takes that as a sign to leave, to give him the space that he needs.

"Alright... All the best. Though, make sure to take a break unless you want to upgrade your soul to an oldie." She walks near to the entrance of his room to put on her slippers. Felix does a small scoff while waving his hands to make a shooing motion.

"Just leave."

"I am! Just gimme time, will you?" She retorts, finally securing her slippers and fixing her clothes. "But I'm saying this for real though. Do take a break, maybe what you need isn't a grind—but a time to clear your mind."

Felix turns to look at the girl after hearing her proposal; for some reason, finding it appealing. Maybe he has been a bit too harsh on himself for the past few days, his breaks, only being the time when he had his meals and showers.

Actually no. I did this upon myself. He sighs after a quick reflection. He procrastinated quite a lot—he chose to game over his assignments just because he could get full team games with his friends, and most importantly, to destress after a tiring week. Which is why, Felix doesn't exactly have a choice.

"If you ever want a change of pace, knock on my door." Eugene offers as she raises her hand to wave goodbye, leaving Felix's room.

"WAIT," Felix speaks up quickly just before the door can fully close. He leaves his seat, hangs his headphones to their respective stand, and then runs to Eugene.

"Actually... I'll take a break."

"Cool. I can tell you're decaying anyway." Eugene uses a mocking tone, chuckling in triumph that her prediction was right, and that Felix decides to take her offer. "I was just about to take a walk in the park. It's a bit cloudy, but there's no harm in getting fresh air."