Chapter 30

Eugene has a couple of days before her hangout with Jake, and given that she has chosen to deal with her group assignment alone, the burden has been eating her brains out for a while now.

It is to the extent that the girl could no longer focus in her room. She has to bring herself to the lounge to get things done due to the immense workload she has.

"And to think that I have my individual assignments as well..." She sighs, putting her laptop into her tote bag as she makes her way back from her class to her dormitory.

On her way, she unexpectedly bumps into a figure that she hasn't seen for a while now.

"Gurl. You look dead."

"That's the first thing you tell me after not seeing me for weeks?" Eugene raises her brows before scooting over to Danielle, and giving her a warm hug. "What can I say, I've got myself a new situationship." She proudly says, snickering.

"Excuse me what? Who?" Eugene asks, surprised that her friend actually has the time to meet someone and engage in whatever weird relationship amidst of assignments and tests.

"It's someone from the IT major, don't mind me." Danielle winks, "He's such a fine man, but he could be inconsistent sometimes."

Before Eugene could question what she meant by 'inconsistent', her friend quickly added. "Sometimes this man seems interested in me, but sometimes he can be cold. He has that duality, isn't that interesting?!"

Eugene's jaw hangs open in disbelief.

"You gotta be joking." She reaches for Danielle's shoulders and grips them tightly with her hands. "He's a red flag you dumb bitch. Stop glorifying that!"

"Wha?" Danielle laughs and then removes Eugene's grip off her shoulders, "No! I think it's pretty interesting and makes the whole situationship fun!"

"Bruh." Eugene sighs as she covers her face with her palm, still in shock and huge disbelief. "Girl okay, do whatever you wanna do. Just don't come crying to me when shit happens."

"It'll be fine." Danielle giggles happily, waving at Eugene as she takes a step away. "I'm just about to see him now anyways, so see you when I see you!"

And with that, the girl zooms away from Eugene, leaving her standing alone in the center of the campus like a SIM.

God. Is she colour blind? Thinking about the conversation earlier is making Eugene triggered—true, it's not her relationship but she's concerned for her friend, who chases after good-looking men without thinking further about their traits.

"Geez. Thank God Felix isn't like that." Eugene grumbles under her breath and then comes to a realization—why did she feel relieved for some reason?

I guess Felix turned out to be a really nice and understanding person... She ponders, remembering the R U OK day when he was there for her during the time she had an uncomfortable phone call with her mom.

After spending a good 1 hour together with a rollercoaster of emotions, the two ended up ditching the event as they agreed that they needed some space for themselves to process some stuff.

Aside from how Felix comforted her and told her the words that she wanted to hear the most, Eugene also recalled the weird, platonic—or not—moment before disaster struck.

Remembering how she was being cuddled so closely by Felix makes her feel warm. It truly was a good feeling. She was nervous but still ended up enjoying every single second of it.

He even took the chance to kiss my head... Eugene's lips unconsciously lift up into a smile, but after realising it, she quickly shakes her head to clear the thoughts from extending further.

Focus Eugene, you've got intense work to do. She sighs and continues to walk back to her dormitory.

.

.

.

Felix pants as he stands up straight after finishing his routine. He looks at his teammate who is standing in front of him, grinning widely at the performance that he has just witnessed.

"What a nice adjustment. You managed to add more spice to the routine within a short time. As expected of our leader." Hyunjin smiles, his body leaning against his bed frame in satisfaction. Felix also smiles in return, "Thank you. Though, I feel like we need to improve the closing routine as well."

"I guess so." The patient says nodding. "Hm? Wait a minute. Does Han know that you've been reviewing our routine?"

Felix instantly goes silent before he starts shaking his head slowly. Hearing the name is already giving him the unnecessary anxiety, and the other male seems to notice his body language.

Hyunjin turns his head to stare at the white Carnations that Eugene had arranged for him not long ago, and lets out a small chuckle. "I think it's best to inform him soon to avoid further misunderstanding. We all know that Han isn't the best when it comes to following others' decisions."

"T-That's what I'm confused about." Felix truthfully says, his face making a bitter yet hurtful expression. "He doesn't seem to be happy about the idea of me being a leader. Why is that...?"

"Well... let's just say that it's his upbringing," Hyunjin replies, walking to the direction of the vase of Carnations as he uses his free hand to gently give them a caress. "That's probably something that you need to ask Han himself. I also think that it's super idealistic of him to demand you to be a leader that makes the right decisions all the time."

After staring at the flowers for a few more seconds, his eyes turn to Felix's, smiling softly. "There's no such thing as a perfect person; we are humans after all. If we make mistakes, that's okay. We learn the most from it anyways. So, if anything, we take it into account, get up, and move on."

"Hyunjin..." Felix mutters in a quiet tone, feeling rather emotional after hearing his friend's words. Sometimes he hates how he easily breaks down whenever someone gives him the words of affirmation. 

"It's not like you make the wrong decisions ALL the time. You have helped us, international students, a lot. I feel like we will struggle more without you." Hyunjin takes a few steps closer to Felix, beaming at him with his beautiful smile.

"Give yourself more credit. I do think that Han is being too much sometimes, but we really have no time to waste. I will apply for an extension so that we get extra time to work on our routine, but we shouldn't take it easy." His face gets a little more serious this time, "Do find time to talk to Han ASAP. If that makes you uncomfortable, let's have another talk together. The three of us."

Felix smiles at Hyunjin, feeling a sense of warmth and joy within his heart. 

He gives him a quick and small hug, to show his gratitude and happiness for the kind words that Hyunjin has shared. The blonde sighs in relief, feeling overwhelmed with the happiness, optimism, and comfort that the taller one has given.

On the other hand, Han is found standing just behind the slightly ajar, hospital door—eavesdropping the whole time. He frowns after hearing their discussion, deciding not to pay a visit to Hyunjin today as he feels rather conflicted.

Han sighs and walks away as he thinks about what the two spoke about. 

Am I the problem here? His shoulders slump, wondering whom he should discuss this issue with before Felix comes to confront him for the second time.

And for some reason, Eugene's face pops up in his mind.  

----------

Author's Note: HI GUYS HERE'S A SHORT UPDATE before the upcoming chapters where the storm will.... rage :/ LAKJSDFHLSJKDFH 

CALM BEFORE THE STORM INDEED UM

Anyways hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

- Howley