Chapter 40

"And... that's a wrap."

The three of them heave a sigh of relief after finishing up their routine. As how Felix had choreographed beforehand, Hyunjin focused on performing with one hand. He is also highlighted on the front in certain parts of the song to allow him to freestyle in his comfort.

"Thanks for this, Felix." Hyunjin says, smiling at the blonde-haired boy, who also returns the smile. "That's all good. We still want you to perform well if you still can't take off your cast on the actual day."

Han can't help but smile softly at the two. A part of him is still trying to accept the fact that Felix's leadership has caused a few dramas here and there, but as Hyunjin has said, it is normal to make mistakes.

What matters the most is how you learn from it and thrive to be better afterwards.

And there was no guarantee that Han would've led the group without any problems either since the situation in Australia seemed way trickier compared to any other group projects he had ever done back in his hometown.

Felix had it rough. Han stares at the freckled boy, and then back at Hyunjin, who is still smiling at the former with his delicate eyes. It makes his brow furrow as he secretly sulks, not exactly liking the gaze that the prince is giving to the leader.

"Haaaaaan." Hyunjin smirks and manages to steal a glance at the male. "What's up?"

"Nothing." Han rolls his eyes and goes to the table to grab some water. Hyunjin laughs at his friend's response before turning back to Felix, who looks confused at the exchange.

"Don't worry too much about him. He's just being jealous."

"I HEARD THAT." Han speaks in an annoyed tone.

Felix flinches upon the loud response from Han, and then blinks in the same, confused expression that he has had for the past few seconds. Hyunjin smirks and inches closer to Felix's ears, whispering in a tone that is quiet yet loud enough for Han to hear.

"I heard that he's in love with me."

"I SAID I HEARD THAT." Han walks back to the both of them and glares at Hyunjin, who bursts out into laughter while Felix just stands there, surprised yet also in a daze at the information.

"Felix, no. It's not what you think it is." The brown-haired male groans in frustration, "Hyunjin just likes teasing me--"

"Oh yeah? Then why are you staring at me and Felix with such eyes? Why did you sulk?" Hyunjin wriggles his brows playfully, only to be lightly slapped on the back by his fellow friend, "Stop causing misunderstandings! I'm not jealous!"

"Usually when people say they aren't, they actually are." The taller one teases again.

"Hyunjin... you—" Han releases a deep sigh of frustration, but Felix butts in between their conversation by raising his hands shyly, "Uh, guys. Please don't worry about that because I actually... have a partner."

"HUH?" They both react in unison, seemingly surprised by the male.

"What? When? Who? Where? Why? How?" Han looks the most interested, his eyes glimmering at the revelation that he never expected.

"Can you calm down?" Hyunjin explodes into laughter at the sudden change in behaviour—noticing the visible sign of relief in Han's expression upon Felix's confession. He can't get more obvious than this.

"To answer your question, uh." Felix uses his fingers to count, "Yes, I'm dating and only started this week. My partner is Eugene, and we asked each other out in our dorms. I dated her because of her supportive and kind nature." He pauses midway and then mutters softly, "Even though there are still so many more reasons why—"