Chapter 36

"What?!" Eugene tries her best not to sound shocked, but anyone can tell that she is not having it. The grip on her phone gets tight, as her eyes dart back to the laptop next to her. 

"What. There's nothing wrong with me visiting, right?" 

The girl holds her breath and mutters in a soft tone. "... no." 

"Good. Then pick me up at the train station at 12 P.M." 

And with that, the phone call ends. Eugene locks her phone and throws it to the bed, looking at the screen coldly. Out of all times; her mother is planning to visit her over the weekend, which is also the time when some of her assignments are due. 

To think that she decides to visit all the way from the 2-hour suburb she resides in, just to make sure that her daughter is doing fine academically since Eugene hasn't been talking to her often—that fact alone is making the poor girl go insane.

Just how much is her parent going to interfere with her life and invade her personal space? 

She has never been the same ever since dad left her. Eugene greets her teeth, and remembering about her father who cheated on her mother makes her even angrier.

Because of his decision, her mother ends up being a single parent, and she starts enforcing this ideology of 'study hard and you'll be successful and independent'. It's almost as if she believes in the idea that there is no need to look for a partner if you can do everything on your own.

She's somehow right but I hate that. Eugene sighs as her hands curl up into fists. If she can go to the rage room right now, she will not think twice and book a session to let all of her frustrations out.

At least one of my assignments is done. She sighs, writing an email to the professor to submit a whole different document from her freeloader teammates. She now has 2 other individual assignments, where 1 only needed some proofreading, while the other one is still written half-way due to missing evidence.

At least doing research to write her papers isn't exactly a hassle. But she wishes she had more time on her hands, considering that she has to juggle between another assignment, and lastly, a final exam for her fourth unit. 

And I haven't touched a single study material yet. Eugene checks her planner, feeling anxious since she only has 1 week to study for her final exam. It should be enough, but since this unit requires lots of memorisation, Eugene wonders if she can input all of the information for her thick ass textbook quick enough.

"AHHH." She heaves a loud sigh as she sits on her bed, leaning against the wall. "It's not supposed to be like this—" Eugene curls her legs up and rests her folded arms on her knees, burying her face in them. 

Just as she's about to take a breather, she hears a notification on her phone.

That better not be mother. She sighs deeply again and checks the gadget, surprised to see Felix's name popping up. Her face soon lights up into a smile as she opens the message.

Lee Felix

Well well ain't that a loud sigh. Are you alright?

Park Eugene

Take a guess :3

Lee Felix

You're not okay :3

Eugene chuckles softly at the way he replies to her message. Her finger crosses over her keys as she types a reply.

Park Eugene