Chapter 29

After spending some time cuddling on the bed and not exactly reaching a conclusion, Eugene sits up and smiles sheepishly. 

"Um. That was a good... rest."

"Good rest indeed." Felix's head rests on his palm while his elbow rests on the bed, supporting his body to elevate his posture, "I hope I didn't make it awkward for you."

"N-No! It was... nice." She shyly replies, scratching her cheeks with her finger. "But I'm pretty sure that friends don't do this..."

"Well, different circle of friends have their respective boundaries. Some may think the skin ships are so normal, while others see it as a situationship." Felix explains, shrugging his shoulders. Personally for him, whatever just happened was leaning towards something romantic, but he doesn't know if Eugene thinks the same, given that she's still trying to define her boundaries.

"But tell me if you ever feel uncomfortable. That's the last thing I want you to feel when you're with me."

Eugene unconsciously smiles at his words. To think the past Felix used to be so anxious and aggressive—hostile even—yet now, he prioritises her preferences and well-being over his? She knows that if she ever had the chance to time-travel and tell the past Felix about his current self, he would never have believed her.

"Thank you for saying those, Felix. I really appreciate your kindness." She says in a gentle tone, for some reason, feeling warm and fuzzy on the insides.

"I think it's natural for you to want the best for your favourite person in the world." He speaks in the same manner as she did, making her cheeks turn red once again from how he speaks about her.

"R-Right." She mutters quietly, still flattered by the fact that she has just officially been declared as his favourite person. It makes the flowers in her heart bloom, a warm feeling mingled with awkward emotions.

He was just a friend before, yet his advances now are confusing her completely.

"Anyways, I wonder if the event has started yet..." Felix lifts his wrist to check on the time on his watch and turns out that there are about 20 minutes left before the communal hall opens. 

"We still have plenty of time. Is there anything else you want to do?" He asks, knowing that whatever they have just done can be a little too overwhelming for the girl. 

"Right right, I was wondering um..." Eugene scratches her head, "If we should talk about the phenomenon."

"Ah, the pixels? What about it?" Felix sits up this time, facing her with a small smile. Maybe it is time for him to tell her that he has been seeing her face for a while already—but he wonders if she might feel disappointed since he has been keeping this information for too long.

"Y-You see." She starts nervously as she suddenly remembers seeing his beautiful face a few minutes ago. "I—"

Just before she can speak, her phone rings, interrupting them.

"Sorry." 

Eugene apologises before reaching for her gadget. Seeing the ID makes her sigh deeply again, but since she doesn't want her mother to interfere with the moment she's currently sharing with Felix, her finger reaches for the red button to end the call.

"Huh? You're not picking that up?" The male asks, surprised at the action since he doesn't think Eugene's the type to hang up on people. 

She shakes her head and smiles weakly. 

"I don't feel like talking to my parent. I don't want her to ruin the positive mood we have right now."

"But what if it turns out to be important?" Felix says, arguing otherwise. "Of course, at the end of the day, it is still your choice to answer or decline the call."