Chapter 42

Just a couple of days later, Eugene received a reply from the professor regarding the group assignment she decided to take on individually. With the submitted progress report as evidence of what her teammates had contributed, the professor was able to grant her request to have the papers graded separately.

She smiles at the email and then shuts down her laptop, happy that in the end, she managed to finish all of her assignments on time despite having a few roadblocks here and there.

But now that it is currently SWOTVAC (a week off before the examination), Eugene only has one thing left to do—that is to study for her one and only exam.

There is still a lot to review... Eugene sighs as her thumb goes to flip the papers of her textbook in a swift motion, trying to calculate the amount of review materials she has left.

There are still at least 12 chapters to memorize, and she wonders if her brain is big enough to fit all these theories in her mind. As she stares at her notebook and textbook in deep thought, her focus is soon broken by a knock on her door.

"Coming!" Eugene gets up from her chair and scoots over, opening it up to find her partner standing by the door, smiling widely.

"Felix! Hi." Her stress suddenly disappears into thin air the moment the beautiful, blonde-haired man appears in front of her.

"Hey there Eugene." Felix greets her in his usual, deep soothing voice. "How is your studying going for you?"

"Ah... that." She chuckles awkwardly, "I'm hanging on, yes."

"Haha. Would you like to take a break?" He extends his hand, "There's free food in the communal hall right now, and they're hosting a Kahoot! Quiz for those who wanna win extra treats."

Seeing Felix's smile with his tiny hand reaching out to her makes Eugene feel a little emotional. How is it that Felix always knows whenever she feels overwhelmed and needs emotional support?

It's almost as if he has some sort of telepathy skills.

"Nah, don't cry on me now." The male inches closer and pulls her into a warm hug, his hand gently caressing her teal highlights.

"I'm not crying!" Despite saying that, Felix can hear her sniffing a little. "I'm just happy to have you as my partner."

"Haha. So am I." He giggles softly, letting go of the hug as he admires her beautiful face once more, "So? What do you say? Are we going downstairs?"

Eugene smiles, "Sure."

The two then make their way to the communal hall, which is just 2 floors below them. It is already pretty packed, though most residents are grouped up amongst themselves, chit-chatting and looking seemingly distressed.

"Looks like everyone's in the same boat as us." The girl chuckles in amusement, somehow relieved to know that she isn't the only one stressed out from studying.

"Ho ho ho. What did I miss here?" The moment the two of them step into the communal hall, they are soon greeted by their favorite residential advisor with a smug look on his face. "When did the air between you guys get so... purified?"

"What are you trying to say, Santa?" Felix playfully slaps him on the shoulder.

"Oh please, we all can see hydrogen chloride exploding between you two back then." Chris teases back and then gives a calmer smile to Eugene. "How are you doing by the way? I haven't seen you around our communal facilities for a while now."

"Ah. I've been studying more in my room and taking breaks in the garden." Eugene answers with a small smile, happy to finally see one of her most respected people again after so long. "How about yourself, Chris? I hope you've been juggling between residential advisor work just fine along with your, uh—double degree?"