Chapter 22

"Huh?"

"I said I don't mind." Felix tilts his head to the side, staring at her with his cheeks beaming in bright red. He sounds confident in his speech, but in reality, he is nervous as heck. His lips are pursed tightly, not knowing how the girl will react to him. Because that really did sound like a confession, a very, random and sudden one, too.

But what he receives is in fact, a flick on the forehead from the female—something that he didn't expect. 

"Tsk tsk, Felix. I really can't tell if you're joking or not when I can't see your facial expression."

"...?" The male reacts in surprise. He can finally see her face, but she can't see his?

"Why so surprised? We're both in this weird, pixelated phenomenon together, no?" She shrugs her shoulders as she tightens her grip on the bouquet of flowers. "Anyways, enough of talking. We really need to catch the bus to go to the hospital. You promised your friend at 12:30 P.M., yeah?"

"Y-Yeah." He stutters, but the girl doesn't realise, and she quickly grabs Felix's hand to drag him with her. "Cool. Let's go, quick!"

When she holds his hand, Felix finds himself blushing again. Somehow, after seeing her face, Felix can't control the overwhelming feeling that he has for her anymore.

It was already overflowing before he knew it, but the sudden disappearance of her pixelated face makes it even harder for him to focus on things—though, it is obviously in a good way.

But... she can't see my face. Why? Felix ponders as he walks fast while still, being held by Eugene who's walking in front of him. Her face is no longer covered with pixels ever since a few minutes ago, but what exactly happened?

Felix tries his best to think of possibilities while the two get on the bus that comes just in time. His brows start furrowing as they take a seat in the vehicle. Eugene notices how quiet and focused Felix seems, especially when his hand has been holding his chin for a while now.

"Felix? You good?" She asks, "Is something bothering you?"

"Hm," Felix responds shortly, his mind is pretty much busy at the moment. He wonders if he should tell his neighbour that he can finally see her face.

Well, this is progress and a new finding. He nods and then turns to look at Eugene, only to find himself feeling shy again after being able to look at her face and make eye contact.

He realises how Eugene always makes sure that she's facing him properly and tries her best to match where his eyes are despite being pixelated while they hold conversations. It is a small gesture, but he appreciates it deeply.

Felix nervously purses his lips as he keeps his gaze on his attractive neighbour, his hands both neatly placed on top of his lap, curled into fists.

"Felix?"

The male swiftly looks away in embarrassment and internally curses in his mind. I was just talking to her normally before! Why am I like this?! He sighs, not getting used to the fact that he can see her now. 

Felix knows he eventually will get used to seeing her face and return to his calmer self. But the time is definitely not now. 

Not when a beautiful-looking person literally exists next to him. And considering her already, beautiful personality, it makes him feel even more attracted to her. 

"Hey? Why are you acting like a shy high school girl now?" She jokes as she notices his posture, poking at his shoulder which finally catches his attention.