Chapter 7

"HAHAHA YOU FUMBLED THAT SHIT!"

.

.

"HOW COULD YOU WHIFF SO HARD AHAHA HE WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!"

.

.

That's it—Eugene cannot tolerate her neighbour anymore even though it has only been a day since his transfer.

It is already 11:30 P.M. and the guy has been gaming for almost 3 hours straight right now, yelling and screaming in excitement with a bit of toxicity here and there. Eugene wishes she could just ask a different neighbour to tell him to keep his voice down, but Felix's room is literally at the very end of the hallway next to the emergency stairs.

And there's only Eugene's room next to his. His voice is loud, but not loud enough for the neighbours in front of him to hear at all.

"Ugh. I don't wanna see him." Eugene groans in distress, trying her best to cover her ears with her pillows while already wearing earbuds. And all of her efforts are futile.

There's just something about Felix being a loud-ass person when getting excited, and his deep-ass voice makes it even more intolerable.

"YOU CUNT, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WALL THERE?!"

Hearing him cuss again makes her lose it. She gets up from her bed unwillingly, walks towards her door in an angry manner, and goes to knock on Felix's room.

It starts with small knocks, but eventually gets louder since Felix doesn't respond to any of her knocks. Eugene's patience is running thin, yet the neighbour is still oblivious to her knocks and presence outside his room.

"I swear to God." She sighs and then bangs the door once, "FELIX!"

The voice from inside finally stops. Finally, after waiting for almost a decade, Eugene can hear footsteps coming closer to the door. The door is slowly being unlocked, and then the pixelated guy reveals himself with his headphones still hung around his neck, wearing a comfortable, oversized hoodie with baggy pants.

"You again." He doesn't look pleased to see her, but nor is she.

"Yes. Because I have some things to say." Eugene crosses her arms, "Can you please keep your voice low? It's almost 12 A.M. and I'm trying to sleep here."

"Who the hell goes to sleep at 12 A.M.?" He asks a question back, almost sounding a little condescending. And Eugene obviously felt that, so she raised her brows at his remark. "What are you implying, really?"

"That sleep is for the weak." He cocks his head to the side. Even though Eugene can't see his face at all due to the pixel phenomena, she can already make out what expression he is showing—a smug one.

"You should know that people don't have the same body clock. So be considerate or I'll report to our advisor." She threatens him, hoping that he will finally react properly and think about how serious this situation is. But without any communication, words, or even body language exchanged, Felix only turns his body around and walks back into his room.

"Hey?" Eugene holds on to his door to keep it slightly open. "Lee Felix. Are you listening?"

"Oi mate. Apparently, my neighbour's being annoying right now so I'll catch you later yeah?" Felix wears his headphones for a quick moment and speaks on his microphone. He then makes a few keyboard and mouse clicks before finally walking back to Eugene, his body leaning against the door frame and his head tilted at her.

"Happy?"

"Yes and no. You didn't have to call me annoying; I was being reasonable."

"Tch. Why do you sleep so early anyway? You don't look like the type to procrastinate on your work so you should've had more free time at night?" He asks back, obviously feeling defeated that he had to cut off his gaming session 'early'.