Twenty-Two

Cassidy smiled contentedly, rolling onto her back as she struggled to catch her breath, her post-sex glow evident. She heard the sound of running water from the bathroom and turned her head to see August preparing a bath. He re-entered the room, lifting her up in a gentle bridal carry, causing her to giggle softly. With care, he lowered her into a warm, inviting bath before joining her, his strong arms wrapping around her from behind.

"Mmm," Cassidy purred, nestling comfortably against his chest. "You always take such good care of me."

August's voice took on a tender tone. "I love taking care of what's mine. And you are mine now, aren't you, Cassidy?"

A smile tugged at her lips, appreciating his switch back to August. "I am."

"I want to know more about you, Cass..." he admitted, his fingers gently caressing her skin.

"What do you mean?" she asked, her tone cautious.

He chuckled, his touch remaining gentle. "I know how compatible we are in the bedroom. And I know that I think about you constantly. I..."

Cassidy's grin widened, and she turned to face him, straddling his lap as she wrapped herself around him. "Are you saying you want more than just the bedroom, August?"

His eyes gleamed with anticipation as he responded, "I think that's exactly what I'm saying, Doll..." He enfolded her in his arms. "If that would be something you think you'd want?"

Cassidy sealed her mouth over his, nibbling at his bottom lip as he ran his fingers through her hair. "I'd like that..."

He grinned widely, leaning down to press a tender kiss to her lips. "That sounds like there's a 'but' in there."

She chuckled, pulling her lip between her teeth as she inhaled deeply. "But... what about your wife and your son? Your life..."

August sighed, nodding as his fingers played in the water. "I have already gotten in contact with a divorce lawyer. You were right. I think Simon would benefit more from two parents that are happy than two parents that are merely coexisting."

Cassidy couldn't help but smile at his words as she cocked her head to the side. "I'm sorry, what did you say? You said I'm..."

August laughed, his fingers squeezing her sides as she laughed and playfully splashed water out of the tub, moving back away from him. "I won't repeat it."

She laughed, biting her lip with a nod. "Okay... so... you're getting a divorce? Does your wife know about me?"

"No," he replied firmly, his fingers dipping into the water as his arms rested on the sides of the tub. "I won't until the divorce is finalized. I don't want my personal life to affect anything like custody of my son."

"Okay," she nodded, her understanding clear as she continued watching him. "I get it. So... I need you to be more explicit about what you want, Auggie."

He laughed, pulling her back onto his lap and wrapping his arms around her tightly once more. "How's this for explicit? I like you, Cassidy, not just your pussy..." he teased as she giggled. "And I want you to be only mine. I want to take care of you. I want you to be my girl. And I want to get to know you better. Your hopes and dreams..."

Cassidy closed the distance, her heart swelling at his words as she pressed her lips to his. She kissed him softly, and he cradled the back of her head with his hand. "I want that too," she finally responded when she pulled her lips from his with a smile.

"So?" He smiled, his fingers gently stroking her hair. "What is your biggest goal or dream in life?"

She took a moment to think before answering, "I... I want to someday open an art gallery."

August nodded, acknowledging her art degree. "Ah, the art degree," he remarked, his fingers tenderly brushing her cheek as a smile graced his face. "So, the economics degree was..."

"The smarter option, just in case the art degree didn't work out. I figured I could get a job easier with that."

"I want to help you achieve your dream. That's a promise, Doll," he declared, his voice filled with determination. He kissed her before nudging her off him gently and stood up from the tub to grab a towel. He held it out for her, helping her out of the tub before wrapping her in it and leading her back to the bedroom. "Are you hungry?"

"Starving." Cassidy nodded, still feeling somewhat hesitant, lay back on the bed, and listened as he ordered food for them both.

Once he finished, he joined her, sensing her unease. "What is it?"

She chewed nervously on her lower lip, her hand absentmindedly playing with his chest hair. "I just... I don't want you to think I'm only with you because of what you can do for me. I know that's how we started, but if you really want to be with me, I don't want you t—"

August halted her words by gently placing his finger on her lips. "Stop. I know," he said firmly, his touch reassuring. "I love what we have going on here in the bedroom. But I also really like you, Cassidy, and I want to get to know you better. I also want to take care of you because you deserve it and because I have the means to do so. Okay?"

She sighed but nodded, feeling somewhat more at ease. "Okay. I'm sorry for rambling. I've just always done everything myself. I'm not used to someone wanting to take care of me, I guess."

"I know. But I'm going to," he promised with a grin, standing up abruptly from the bed. "Speaking of..." He held his hand out to her, and she accepted it hesitantly, following him to the closet. August pushed open the door, letting her into a room filled with clothing and shoe boxes. "What is this?!"

"I want to take care of you. Spoil you a bit," August expressed with a warm grin.

Cassidy's eyes lit up as she knelt in front of the boxes, unveiling a treasure trove of high-end clothing. "Oh my god, Auggie! Thank you!" Her joy was palpable as she leaped to her feet and enveloped him in a grateful embrace. He chuckled heartily, lifting her off the ground in his strong arms.

"I'm glad you like them. Only the best for you," August replied, sealing his sentiment with a loving kiss. A knock on the door echoed through the room as he headed out of the bedroom to collect their food.

Meanwhile, Cassidy's phone buzzed on the dresser. She retrieved it from her purse and discovered a message from an unknown number containing a link. Suspecting it might be from Lloyd, she clicked on it. However, her gasp of surprise indicated otherwise.

August returned to the bedroom to find Cassidy staring at her phone, tears welling in her eyes. "Baby, what is it?" Concern etched across his face, he took her phone and his expression darkened as he watched the video it contained. It depicted Cassidy engaging in sex with Joe, and it was shockingly uploaded on the internet.

"Did you know he filmed this?!" August demanded, his anger bubbling to the surface.

"No!" Cassidy pointed to the phone, her voice trembling. "It's on the internet, Auggie! What am I going to do?!"

August's protective instincts kicked in immediately. He pulled her into a comforting embrace, allowing her to cry into his chest while he seethed internally. There was no doubt in his mind that Joe had crossed a line, and he was determined to take action to protect Cassidy. His promise to her was unwavering: he would take care of it, no matter what it took.