Twenty-Five

Cassidy groaned as she watched August get dressed in the morning. "Can't you stay here in bed with me?"

August chuckled, standing at the end of the bed as he tied his tie. "Sorry, Doll. I left work early yesterday. I have very important stuff to do today. And you have class this afternoon, don't you?"

She huffed, nodding as she knelt up on the bed in front of him, letting the blanket fall from her body. She rested her hands on his chest as he groaned softly. "Are you sure I can't entice you to stay a little bit longer?"

"Oh, baby. You have no idea how much I wish I could. But I can't. We're going to have a romantic dinner on Friday, and we'll have the entire weekend together, no distractions. I promise. There are some things I want to talk to you about..."

She nodded with a small sigh before a mischievous smirk appeared on her lips. "You know, Friday is my birthday..."

August laughed, feigning ignorance as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her against him. "You don't say... And I have a present for you."

"Really?! What is it?" She grinned excitedly, her eyes shining with anticipation.

August only chuckled, tilting her chin up to seal his mouth over hers. The kiss was slow and deliberate, his lips exploring every inch of hers, and she moaned softly in response. When he finally released her, she stared at him with a loving gaze. "You'll see. Now, I really do have to go, okay? Call me to check in later. Feel free to have breakfast before you go."

"Yes, sir," she replied with mock sternness, making him chuckle.

"Good girl," he said, winking at her before turning away and leaving her alone in bed.

***

August nodded at Amber as he entered the office, and she promptly rose from her desk, hurrying away. Once inside his office, he retrieved his laptop and a file from his desk. Walking into the conference room, he found David Arkin, the attorney he had hired, already waiting.

"Sir, thanks for coming," August greeted as he shook David's hand, taking a seat at the head of the table.

David acknowledged the greeting with a nod and a handshake, settling into his chair as August took a seat at the head of the table. "Are we ready?"

August smiled, casting a quick glance toward the door where Amber had just ushered Joe into the room. Joe looked bewildered as he was guided to a chair across from David. "Thank you, Ms. Riggins."

Amber acknowledged the gratitude with a nod before discreetly leaving the room, and closing the door behind her. Joe, on the other hand, seemed perplexed as he observed the room's occupants, switching his gaze between August and David. "What's going on?"

August fixed Joe with a stern look and powered up his laptop. "You should know that this conversation is being recorded, Mr. Allan."

Joe's hesitation was evident as he replied cautiously, clearly nervous as he shifted in his chair. "Okay..."

David initiated the proceedings. "Did you know that it is illegal to post intimate pictures and videos of people without their consent?" He began, causing Joe to momentarily freeze before attempting to regain his composure.

"I don't—"

David halted Joe's response by raising his hand, continuing, "Don't bother denying it. Mr. Walker has already provided proof. You uploaded an intimate video of yourself and Cassidy Turner onto the internet without her consent."

Joe responded with a nonchalant shrug, crossing his arms over his chest, a cocky smirk adorning his face. "How do you know that she didn't do it herself? You know, I think I'm going to press charges for that."

August scoffed, his grip on the chair's arms tightening as he spoke firmly, "Shut your mouth."

Joe swallowed hard, visibly tense in his chair due to August's stern tone. "That's not all," David interjected, looking over the paperwork in front of him, "you also used your company resources to post it and send it to everyone's student email at Ms. Turner's college."

Joe vehemently shook his head, leaning forward in his chair. "That's not true."

David raised his hand again to prevent August from speaking as he continued. "Do you deny uploading the video or deny using company resources?"

Joe started to speak but then clamped his mouth shut once more, appearing increasingly perplexed. "I don't know what you're talking about..." He raised both hands with a sigh. "Wait... What do you care about my girlfriend? You're the one that encouraged me to cheat on her to begin with."

August scoffed and leaned in closer to Joe, his hand resting on the table. "I think you mean ex-girlfriend... She isn't your anything anymore."

Joe chuckled and nodded, finally grasping the situation. "Oh, I see. The Candy was too sweet for you, I guess? Trust me, I know all about how sweet that pussy is. How it tastes... how it grips—"

David and Joe were both startled as August forcefully slammed his hands down on the table, glaring at Joe. "David, please continue."

David resumed tapping the table to get Joe's attention, clearly annoyed by the interruptions. He placed documents in front of Joe and explained further, "We also have proof that you have been stealing money from the company."

Joe's head shook in disbelief as he scanned the documents. "What are you talking about? I never stole anything! This isn't real."

David shook his head, his frustration apparent, as Joe struggled to make sense of the paperwork before him. "I assure you that it is very real." He stood up and opened the conference room door, allowing two officers escorted by Amber to enter.

August stood up, a confident smile on his face, as one of the officers handcuffed Joe. "I'm pressing charges for the money you stole," August informed Joe, lowering his voice to deliver a menacing message. "Be thankful I didn't take a more violent approach for what you did to her..."

Joe's face paled as the officers handcuffed him, and the gravity of the situation seemed to finally hit him. He glanced around the room, searching for any way out but finding none. August's threat hung in the air, leaving Joe both frightened and defeated.

David, still standing, addressed the officers. "He's all yours, gentlemen. We have all the evidence you need."

One of the officers nodded, giving August a nod of approval before escorting Joe out of the room. Joe's protestations and denials fell on deaf ears as they left the conference room.

August turned back to David, a satisfied grin on his face. "Thank you, David. You handled that perfectly."

David nodded, gathering up his paperwork. "My pleasure, Mr. Walker. If you need anything else, let me know. I'll keep you informed of what happens."

"Thank you, Mr. Arkin. Be sure that you do." August gathered his things, glaring at his workers who stared at Joe while he was being taken away. "Do I pay you to stand around and do nothing? Or do I pay you to work?!" He growled at them, causing the small crowd that had gathered to disperse back to their offices and he did the same, slamming his door.