Thirty-One

Cassidy reclined in the living room chair with a book as Henry brought her a cup of coffee. "Thank you," she said with a smile, taking a sip before placing it on the small table beside her.

"You're welcome, doll." He winked at her, leaning down, his hands resting on the arms of the chair. She met him halfway, their lips locking, his tongue brushing against hers. "Mmm..." she moaned, running her hands up and down his arms.

He broke the kiss, both of them breathing heavily. Cassidy's stomach fluttered with desire, and warmth spread through her body as they locked lips once more. Slowly, they separated, both panting, only to be interrupted by Henry's phone ringing in the other room. He groaned, his posture stiffening as he stood up. "Damn. I'll be back."

Cassidy giggled and nodded, raising her coffee to her lips again, savoring the rich, creamy flavor. She closed her eyes and rested her head on the back of the chair, reflecting on how far they'd come in such a short time.

"Fuck..." Henry swore from the kitchen, and Cassidy watched him return to the living room.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing in particular... but Sara wants me to pick up Simon earlier than I expected. I haven't finished preparing his room for him. I have to go pick him up right now." He sighed as he sat down to put on his shoes. "Can you go up to his room and make his bed for me? There are boxes of stuff up there that haven't been unpacked yet."

Cassidy set her coffee down and got up with a smile. "Of course I can. Anything you need."

He smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck, and he pulled her close. "This isn't exactly how I planned on spending our Sunday together for your birthday..."

She giggled and kissed his lips. "Oh yeah? And what did you have in mind?"

He smirked, lifting her up and wrapping her legs around him. "A lot less clothing, that's for damn sure."

"Oh?" She smirked, their lips meeting once more, deeper this time, and her tongue slipped past his lips.

He groaned and pressed her against the wall, his cock grinding against her. Cassidy gasped and wrapped her legs tighter around him. He kissed his way down her chin to her throat, her head tilting back against the wall. "I need to be inside you," he groaned, reluctantly pulling away and setting her back on her feet. "But I have to go."

She nodded, giving his cock a squeeze through his slacks, making him hiss. "Tonight," she promised, giving his ass a playful smack as he turned to leave, receiving a growl in response before he closed the door. She giggled to herself before finishing her coffee and heading upstairs to Simon's room.

***

August helped Simon buckle his seatbelt in the back of the car before placing his stuff into the trunk and climbing into the driver's seat.

"Mommy said you got a new house," Simon states almost immediately as August pulled away from the curb.

He let out a sigh as he nodded, glancing at him through the rearview mirror. "That's right. You have your own room and bathroom. I'm sorry I haven't had time to finish getting it together for you though. I promise next weekend that we can paint it and get your playroom set up."

Simon's eyes got real big as he grinned. "Can I have a batman room?!"

"Sure kid," August chuckled at his excitement. "Anything you like." He drove the rest of the way listening to everything Simon wanted in his new room with a smile, thinking about the abruptness that Sara required him to take him.

Simon stared at the large house as August pulled into the driveway a few minutes later, parking in the garage. "This house is just for me and you, daddy?!"

August turned around in his seat to look at his son, a little nervous. "Not exactly. You remember Cassie?"

Simon grinned and nodded emphatically. "I love Cassie!"

August laughed, patting Simon's thigh. "I'm glad. She'll be living with us too..."

"As my nanny?" He asked as August groaned slightly, his relief only temporary.

"Not exactly... more like my gi--"

"Your girlfriend?" Simon interrupted, eliciting a grin from August.

"You're a bright kid, aren't you? Always picking up on the small details. That's right son. Cassie is my girlfriend..." He climbed out of the car to grab Simon's stuff and let him out of the car.

"Is she here now?"

"I don't know," August responded coyly, opening the door to let him into the house. "Why don't we find out?" He laughed as Simon pushed past him to run into the house ahead of him. He followed him up the stairs where they heard Cassidy in Simon's room.

"Cassie!" Simon exclaimed, launching himself at her as she chuckled, falling back onto the bed with him.

"Hey, Simon. How are you?" She smiled up at August as he stopped in the doorway, glancing around the room at all she had accomplished already.

"Cassie..." He gasped softly at Simon's room. Not only had she managed to get his bed together, but she had set up his nightstand and books on his shelf and was halfway through putting his clothes and toys away.

She shrugged as Simon veered right for the toybox and sat down and began to pull stuff out. "Are you hungry, Simon? Want lunch?"

Simon nodded up at her with a smile. "Yes, please!"

She chuckled and nodded at August to follow her. She didn't speak until they reached the kitchen, and she grabbed stuff for sandwiches out of the fridge. "We need to discuss what we're doing here, August..."

He sighs, understanding her meaning as he nodded, leaning against the counter, and crossing his arms over his chest. "I know. I had planned on having everything organized. I told Sara I needed some time to settle into the new place before I could take him."

"Okay... Well, you have to work tomorrow, Auggie. What am I supposed to do with a kid?" She groaned, hanging her head down as she rested her hands on the counter, beginning to feel overwhelmed. "That didn't come out how it sounded. I love Simon. But I don't know what to do with a kid, August. Breakfast, school, homework..."

"I know, doll..." He approached her, grabbing her shoulders gently. "I intended on having a nanny. I'm sorry. I promise I will hire one by the end of the week. And I will go over his schedule with you tonight before bed."

She grinned, leaning into him as he rested hands on her lower back, relaxing under his touch. "And then you will be taking me to bed... and we will be finishing what we started this morning?"

He moaned, moving a hand to the nape of her neck. "That is a promise..." He kissed her hard before pulling away and helping her finish making lunch.