Chapter 8

So here's the thing with Ga On.

It's been a little hard for him to admit it, but he had four whole years to make his peace with the fact that he might have been a little bit in love with Kang Yo Han, and quite recently, he finally accepted it. It took him a while, sure. He may have denied it at first, he didn't understand it, didn't understand himself, but he was finally in a good place about it and he was proud of himself for it.

And to be completely serious, it wasn't anything like heismymentourandiadmirehimsoilovehim, but more like imsoattractedbyhischarmingpersonalitythatikindawanttokisshim sort of way. Ga On realized that it's been like that from the very start, he was just too blinded by everything and everyone else to notice what was happening with him.

Make no mistake, it's been four years and Ga On is still very attached to the man, but the thing is-

Yo Han is dead.

He's dead, he's been dead for over four years now and Ga On figured that he should move on eventually, because there was no point pining over a dead man. Yet when he walked into that kitchen and saw the man standing there, he realized that the guy definitely looked a lot like Kang Yo Han. It was Kang Yo Han, in the flesh.

And Ga On was shocked, sure, most of all he was surprised as hell, but his heart suddenly started beating so fast, he was afraid he'd go into cardiac arrest. It's like his heart wanted to compete with his brain about which one of them was more stunned to see Yo Han here, alive.

Because Ga On realized that he couldn't have been that drunk to suddenly see Yo Han in Elijah's house. It was real, he was actually here, and Ga On didn't know what to do about it. Yo Han was alive. He was alive, and Ga On needed a minute to process it, because he didn't understand how the hell Yo Han could be alive after what happened four years ago.

"H-How-" Ga On stuttered out loud, too stunned to actually form a sentence.

"Kim Ga On," Yo Han spoke, a little alerted.

He spoke. It meant he was definitely alive, right? "I thought you were dead," Ga On said, looking at the older man with wide eyes. He only now realized that he must have dropped the box with food on the floor, when he moved to walk closer to Yo Han and bumped into it. He decided to forget it for now though, and he took a couple of steps closer, wanting to be near him, to make sure he was actually real. "Why are you not dead?" He asked, standing just a few steps before Yo Han.

"Well-" Yo Han spoke, though he didn't finish his sentence. Ga On noticed that he was a little surprised to see him as well, and he probably didn't know what to say either. He must not have planned this and Ga On evidently caught him by surprise, which must have upset him a lot, that's why he was speechless.

"You-" Ga On took a deep breath, trying to keep the tears in his eyes from spilling. "I don't even know what to say," he admitted, looking all over Yo Han's face, noticing that he changed a bit. He was still the very same Yo Han, not that many things were different, but he definitely got a few more wrinkles here and there. Then again, he has always looked good for his age, and even though he was a few years over forty now, to Ga On, he didn't look a day older than forty. His face was still pretty much the same, though he got some glow to it, like he wasn't tired and stressed anymore.

"Me neither," Yo Han said quietly, looking guilty.

And just when Ga On recognized that look, suddenly it got him into a fighting mode. It took him a minute to get over the fact that Yo Han was alive, but now that he saw that he was well, it was his time to get mad, because he had the right to be.