Chapter 18

It's been a couple of days since Yo Han went back to Switzerland for good and Ga On has to admit that it made him completely miserable.

He was trying to get his mind off of it, but the thought of Yo Han never coming back here always caught up with him. He's been diving into work more, but it didn't help. He couldn't even feel properly happy about Min Jung Ho going back to jail, because his mind has been full of thoughts about Yo Han and nothing else.

Today was Friday and he was at work, as usual. They didn't have anything that exciting lately, but they've been preparing for another trial for the Live Court Show ever since this whole thing with Min Jung Ho ended. Ga On was excited about new work, but he couldn't really focus on it as much as he wanted to, and it seemed like everyone noticed his lack of focus.

"You could at least pretend that you're reading those papers," Jin Joo finally said to him, after she's been observing him for a couple of minutes.

He looked up at her a little confused, his mind still out of focus. "Huh? What?" He asked.

Jin Joo chuckled at that. "You're unbelievable," she said, shaking her head in amusement. "Are you seriously that desperate already? It's been a few days, Ga On-ah. Do you honestly miss him that bad already?" She asked, giving Ga On a curious look.

Ga On didn't really know what to say. He hasn't actually talked to Jin Joo about everything that's been happening with Yo Han lately, but he knew she probably figured some of it out. "I wouldn't be so deep in my head if we actually made things clear between us," he decided to say.

"Didn't you talk? Like, a lot?" Jin Joo asked, surprised that it wasn't the case, since she was pretty sure those two must have had a lot of conversations during Yo Han's stay in Korea.

Ga On shook his head at that right away. "Not about everything," he admitted. "I still have so many questions, there's so much stuff. I wish we could have a couple of days, just the two of us, to talk," he added then.

He obviously didn't want to keep Yo Han here against his will, but he wished the older could have stayed. Ga On just wanted some more time with him, just the two of them, without any distractions, so that they could talk about everything that's been bothering them.

"Well, you know where he lives now," Jin Joo said all of a sudden and Ga On looked at her with interest. "If you want to talk to him so bad, just go to Switzerland. You could always ask Elijah or In Guk for the address."

It's not like Ga On didn't think of it – he did, a couple of times, actually. But he knew that wasn't right. He couldn't just fly to Switzerland because he felt like it. It would raise too much suspicions. And besides, he wouldn't do that without Yo Han's approval.

"He asked me for time," was the first thing Ga On said, shutting down her idea. "I don't think it would be wise if I ambushed him in his own home. The last thing I want to do is pressure him. It's not a good idea," he explains.

Then he thinks about it some more, seeing Jin Joo's helpless look. He'd never do something like that to Yo Han, knowing the older would probably get mad. But he could talk to Yo Han about it, he could make him a proposition.

"But I could always ask," he says to Jin Joo. "I could call him and ask what he thinks about it. I mean, he asked me to give him time, but it's been a few days and I really just want to make things clear between us once and for all. And I don't think it's possible unless we meet and talk, so," he shrugs, thinking some more. "I should ask. Right?"

Jin Joo smiled at him, amused. "You could ask, Ga On-ah," she said fondly. "I'm sure he'd appreciate you not being reckless for once," she said then.

It made Ga On frown. "What do you mean?" He asked.