Chapter 24

Yo Han didn't hesitate even for a second after the line went dead – he already knew what was going to happen and that he needed to run to the airport right this second and call for his private jet.

Unfortunately the long flight and time difference meant that he'd land in Seoul tomorrow morning, Korean time, around ten in the morning.

Around ten in the morning, Kim Ga On might be long dead.

He hated this, everything about it – not being near Elijah and Ga On, that stupid time difference he couldn't do anything about anytime he was worried about them.

He spent the next fourteen hours or so stressing about Ga On and his condition. He didn't even think or care about texting anyone, desperate to just get to Ga On as soon as possible.

When he landed, a car was already waiting for him, so he drove to the mansion as fast as he could, and when he was finally there, he barged into the house and saw everyone sitting in the study, which made him all the more worried.

"Where's Ga On?" He asked, stressed.

Jin Joo got up from where she was sitting right away, noticing his arrival. "He's in his room with Ms. Ji, he's fine," she told Yo Han right away, wanting to reassure him that Ga On was okay.

"Jung In Seok?" Yo Han asked then, looking at her.

But Jin Joo just shook her head with a sad smile.

"Damn it," Yo Han cursed quietly and then ran upstairs.

During their brief conversation, Elijah was looking curiously at Jin Joo and her uncle. She completely didn't expect Yo Han to come back to Korea, especially not this soon, not because of Ga On.

"Wait, did I miss something?" She asked, looking at Jin Joo and In Guk, confused. "Sure, we're all worried about Ga On, but did he seriously just take a fourteen hour flight just to see if Ga On was okay?"

In Guk looked at her a little surprised and released a snort. "Seems like you missed quite a lot, Elijah."

And Elijah didn't like his tone of voice. It got her thinking.

"They're not—" She started hesitantly, looking at Jin Joo. The realization hit her in a matter of seconds. "They are?!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

"You should talk to them, Elijah," Jin Joo proposed, clearly not wanting to spill.

"But how—" Elijah spoke, too stunned to actually finish her sentence. "What? There's no way. It's impossible."

"What's so impossible?" In Guk asked her, amused. He looked like he was actually having fun seeing her in distress.

"Yohan and—"

"Ga On?" In Guk offered.

"Yes. So it's—"

"It's real."

"It is?" She asked, frowning deeply.

"You mean you didn't know anything?" In Guk asked her, looking a bit stunned.

"And you did?!" Elijah looked at him with wide eyes.

"Everyone noticed that, Elijah," In Guk chuckled. "They weren't exactly subtle. Especially Ga On."

Elijah still didn't understand. She couldn't process this information. "But- Yo Han hated him. For years. He loathed him, he never wanted to see him again. He was so hurt that-"

"It's probably why it took him so long to admit it," In Guk shrugged.

Admit it?

"Admit what?" Elijah looked at him, horrified. She didn't realize there was something going on between them, and finding out that it must have been deep was an even bigger surprise.