Chapter 14

Turns out Ga On needed a little bit more than five minutes. As soon as he started weeping, he wasn't able to stop. He didn't know how much time he spent crying in his room, because Yo Han didn't come to get him. Whatever was so important that they needed to hurry, apparently, could wait. Ga On was grateful that at least he got that, some time, to put himself together.

He didn't even know where they were going, but since Yo Han asked him to get out of his suit, it must have meant that he should wear something casual, so he quickly rummaged through his clothes and picked simple pants and a dark hoodie. When he got dressed he looked at himself in the mirror and noticed how swollen his face was. He's been crying for the past few minutes after all, so it was only natural. His eyes were red and seemed tired, he looked like a wreck. But what was he supposed to do? He'd love to just crawl into bed and stay there forever, but they had something important to do, apparently, so he needed to get his shit together.

Before he left his room, he texted Jin Joo that Yo Han was at the house and needed him for something, so it was possible that they wouldn't see each other tonight at all. He felt bad about missing the celebration with his friends, but talking to Yo Han was more important to him then. And well, if he'd want to go there now, everyone would notice that something was wrong, and he preferred to keep it to himself. He'd obviously talk to Jin Joo about it, just not tonight.

Just when he opened the door to his room, he was surprised to see Yo Han standing there with his hand high, like he was about to knock. "Oh," the older gasped in surprise. "Are you-"

Ga On knew what he was about to ask, and the answer was so painfully obvious to the both of them, that he didn't want to say it out loud. He wasn't okay. He wouldn't be for a while. "I'm ready," he decided to say then and followed Yo Han to the garage.

It felt so much worse than before, being in Yo Han's company. Before, it was the unknown, he wasn't aware of a lot of things. But now? He opened up to Yo Han, just like the older did as well. They both knew what was going on between them now. And Ga On? Well, he was basically rejected, painfully so.

He has to admit, it hurt him when Yo Han said that he liked him back then, but he thinks that their relationship is fake now. Ga On didn't feel like that. He discovered his feelings for the older not that long ago, it was quite new to him, exciting. And now that he knew Yo Han was alive, his dreams could actually become reality.

Yeah, if only.

Yo Han was too angry for them to be fine, and Ga On knows that it's his fault. He's the betrayer, the coward, the idiot. He knows he fucked up and he has to live with it. He knows Yo Han well, he knows the older doesn't have many friends, that he doesn't trust easily. Yet knowing all of that, he still did what he did four years ago. He knows it wasn't the right call, he knows he should have been smarter, he should have come to Yo Han, talked to him. Like he said, they weren't strangers, they could have talked about it. But then again, Ga On knows him, he knows Yo Han wouldn't have listened.

Now that's something he didn't love about Yo Han – his stubbornness. It drove him mad most of the time. It also caused some problems.

"So, where are we going?" Ga On asked, when they were already in the car.

"We found Jae Hee," Yo Han simply said.

That's definitely something Ga On didn't expect, so he looked at the older with wide, shocked eyes. "You what?" He asked loudly. "Why didn't you say anything before?"

"We were quite busy talking about something else, don't you think?" Yo Han spoke, giving him a brief, annoyed look. "So, we found Jae Hee. In Guk is with her right now, so we need to hurry. I didn't get the chance to talk to her just yet."