Chapter 13

Ga On was holding his breath in surprise when he felt that someone grabbed him from behind and was just about to scream, when he found himself face to face with Kang Yo Han. The man had his hand on Ga On's mouth – which made him all the more breathless, and with his other one, he motioned for Ga On to be quiet. He then pointed his head to the left, took Ga On's hand in his and dragged him quickly to the other side of the parking lot. Yo Han unlocked a simple black car and told him to get in quickly. It didn't take them long to get out of the supreme court building, and when they were finally safe on the streets of Seoul, Ga On looked at the older in confusion, shock wearing off.

"What the fuck?" Ga On asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Min Jung Ho was following you, you need to get rid of your car," Yo Han simply said, focused on the road.

"What are you doing here?" Ga On asked again, demanding an answer. "And- I don't mean just here, at court, I mean in this country," he added, just to be precise.

"I flew in today, I was following Min," Yo Han answered. "He's been sitting in that parking lot the whole trial. I don't know how the hell he got there, but it looks like he knew you'd go down there to get your car, which means he knows you drive one, and which one that is, so you have to get rid of it."

That wasn't really good news. Ga On was just thinking of how much he liked having this car, he didn't want to get rid of it. Then again, if Yo Han was here, in Korea, then it could mean that he came to pick up Elijah. After all, it's been a month and that was their agreement. Maybe getting rid of the car wasn't such a big deal, because Ga On wouldn't need it anymore, because he'd have to move back to his apartment, because Elijah was leaving.

"You can take off your mask now," Ga On decided to say. When he saw Yo Han in that parking lot, he only recognized him through his eyes, because the older man had a black mask and a black hat on his head, which made it pretty hard to recognize him.

"I can't," Yo Han said curtly.

Ga On frowned at him, but then looked out the window and realized that Yo Han was kind of right, he couldn't. It was still quite bright outside, because it was still early. There were a lot of people walking and driving, they were in the middle of Seoul after all. He couldn't take off his mask, even though he was in a car, because someone could recognize him.

The spent the next few minutes of their journey home in silence, though there was still something bothering Ga On. "What are you really doing here?" He decided to ask. He realized they were about five minutes away from the house. During the whole way home, he remembered to text In Seok that something came up and he wouldn't be able to make it to the celebration. He apologized to him and asked him to tell Elijah and Jin Joo not to worry, he didn't know if Yo Han would feel comfortable if he told them he was here.

"Do you have to know everything?" Yo Han asked with irritation.

Ga On knew he shouldn't expect a real answer from him, but it was worth a try. "Are you here for Elijah?" He asked instead. "She didn't tell me she was leaving," Ga On added then, looking down, a bit sad. That must have been it, Elijah was leaving and she forgot to mention it, that's why she wanted to celebrate with them today.

"I am," Yo Han answered after a moment, when they were already in the garage. "Though I don't know if she's leaving," he admitted, as he took the keys out of the ignition, but didn't move, just stared ahead of him. "She doesn't want to."

It's not like Ga On was surprised to hear that Elijah wanted to stay, he was more shocked that Yo Han was talking to him like a normal human being. "Why though?" Ga On decided to ask.