Chapter 26

Ga On barely slept through the night, too anxious to close his eyes, his thoughts being too fast for him to actually fall asleep. He's been up all night, thinking about his conversation with Yo Han.

He didn't know what to do with it. He had no idea where they stood now, since the older was clearly angry at him for so many reasons.

And Ga On? He was desperate to fix them. He just wanted them to be okay, more than anything.

But he feels bad that Yo Han doesn't feel the same. He thought things would be fine after Switzerland, that Yo Han just needed some time to sort things out, but that they were going to be fine. He didn't think Yo Han would suddenly start questioning what they had, thinking that his feelings were clouding his judgment and that he didn't like it.

He never thought that feelings would be the problem here. That Yo Han wouldn't want to have them.

There was nothing Ga On could really do about it. Like Yo Han said – he needed time to sort this out himself. Maybe keeping distance from each other would actually be a good idea. Then again, since Yo Han wanted to stay in Korea for a longer period of time, it was a shame that they couldn't make the most of that time.

As much as he wanted to fix them, he realized that he needed to step back and give Yo Han his space.

But that could be a bit difficult, considering the fact that he has to stay home for the next couple of days, along with Yo Han and Elijah in the house at all times.

He wonders what Elijah might think of this. She clearly saw something was wrong with them yesterday and she didn't look happy at all. Ga On hopes she doesn't hate him for fighting with Yo Han. Then again, he hates himself, so he thinks it's only fair.

But thankfully Ga On won't be seeing much of Yo Han today, since everyone is getting out of the house for In Seok's funeral, except for the older man. Yo Han is still a dead man himself, so it's obvious he didn't have any intentions of going to that funeral. It's not like he knew In Seok well anyway.

That's probably the reason why he's the only one who doesn't give a damn about this. Meanwhile Ga On is still in pain because of what happened to In Seok – physically and mentally.

He just wanted to get this day over with so after he dressed himself in a suit, he headed downstairs to hopefully meet everyone else in the kitchen.

When he got there though, he was met with the only person he didn't want to see right now.

Before he could think of escaping, Yo Han already looked up from his paper to stare at him blankly, so he didn't really have a choice but to stay and try to make a decent conversation.

"Good morning," Ga On said curtly and walked to the coffee machine, not interested in breakfast. He hasn't been feeling that well lately to eat much. "Is anyone up yet?" He decided to ask Yo Han, seeing as they didn't have that much time left until they all had to leave.

"I believe they're all getting ready," Yo Han spoke.

And that was it.

Ga On decided not to engage in any conversation then, silently preparing his coffee. But then he noticed that the box on the counter was out of the actual coffee, so he needed to look for some more.