Chapter 23

Going to work on Tuesday was hard.

When Ga On came back late last night, he didn't get much time to actually talk to anyone, since Elijah and Jin Joo were sleeping, so he knew today was going to be a rough day.

First and foremost, he couldn't wait to see Jin Joo, but then again, he knew she'd ask a lot of questions about his weekend.

He didn't know if he felt comfortable telling anyone about what happened between him and Yo Han.

He definitely didn't feel like telling her about Yo Han pleasuring him. He thought it'd be safe to keep those memories for himself.

Just as Ga On expected, as soon as he came to work, he noticed his desk was flooded with paperwork.

That's something he wasn't looking forward to.

They had a lot of work preparing for the next live court and he knew that taking Monday off would be a hustle for Jin Joo and In Seok, but his best friend insisted that they'd be fine.

Seeing his desk didn't look fine though.

But that's why he decided to come to work early today. He didn't care about sleep, he slept on the plane as much as he could. All he cared about right now was the trial – he needed to get his shit together and get back in the game, help Jin Joo and In Seok as much as he could.

It seemed like he wasn't the only one who thought there would be too much work, because not that long after his arrival Jin Joo also came to the office.

"Kim Ga On, you're back!" She exclaimed as soon as she saw him – both happy and surprised at the same time. "When did you get back?"

"Late last night, I didn't want to wake you," he explained.

"You should have, we could have talked!" Jin Joo said, looking offended. "I want to hear all about your weekend."

Well that's what he was afraid of.

"It was okay," Ga On simply said.

"Okay?" Jin Joo raised her eyebrows in question, clearly not satisfied with his answer. "Come on, tell me. What happened? Did you guys talk?" She asked.

"Can we maybe talk about it later?" Ga On proposed. "We have a lot of work to do and In Seok is going to be here any minute anyway. Maybe we'll talk during lunch? Or at home, preferably."

Jin Joo looked at him offended again. "You want me to wait the whole day?"

"Yes," Ga On just said, looking at her blankly. "We have work to do, Jin Joo. I have a lot to catch up on."

"You only missed one day, you know. We're not going to die because of it," she pointed out.

He knew that, but still, he felt bad for missing work at all and he needed to catch up on whatever stuff he had laying on his desk.

Jin Joo eventually agreed to talk about his weekend later at home, so he didn't have to worry about it just yet, at least. Not long after the both of them settled into their own seats, In Seok came into the office, greeting them happily.

"It's good to have you back, judge Kim. You were dearly missed yesterday," he spoke.

Ga On smiled at him. "Thank you."

"That reminds me," the other man said. "You got a package yesterday," he added, walking over to his side of the office to grab quite a big package and transport it to Ga On.

A package? He wasn't expecting anything.

"What is it?" Ga On asked curiously.

"We don't know," Jin Joo spoke with a shrug.