Chapter 11

Ga On wasn't able to fall back asleep. As soon as Yo Han left, he did go back to bed, but he just sat there quietly and started thinking, overthinking, as usual.

Despite everything that happened, the strongest thing Ga On could think about were his feelings for the older man, to the point that he even forgot sometimes why he was even mad at Yo Han. Faking his death and basically murdering a group of people was a reason to get mad, and Ga On should stay mad, rightfully so. It's just that, every time he looks at the older, he kind of forgets about it, because he's just really glad that Yo Han is alive and well and that Ga On got to see him again, talk to him.

He thought about all of it so intently that he didn't even notice when the sun started to rise, yet when he did, he cursed himself in his thoughts that he basically didn't get any sleep because of his stupid mind and decided to get up. As soon as he found himself in the kitchen, he was happy to see Kkomi sleeping on one of the chairs by the table and he came over to the cat to pet her.

Since he promised everyone breakfast last night, he figured it was actually a good thing that he got up so early, because he had a head start.

He got lost in his cooking so much that he didn't even realize that at some point he wasn't alone in the kitchen anymore. When he turned around to put something on the table, he saw Elijah sitting there, Kkomi on her lap.

"You're up early," Elijah pointed out, smiling at him lightly.

"Couldn't sleep," Ga On admitted.

The girl frowned at him. "That's weird, since you were so tired last night you practically fell asleep the second your head hit the pillow," she said, and Ga On looked at her questioningly. "I went up to check on you about ten minutes after you left last night, but you were asleep," she explained quickly.

"I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep," Ga On told her.

"So he did come to say goodbye to you," Elijah said quietly and he barely even caught that. "I was wondering if he'd do that," she said then, looking straight at Ga On this time, speaking with her normal voice.

He started wondering what Elijah must have thought about all of it. Because sure, Yo Han hated him and she probably knew that, but she had no idea about anything that was going on in Ga On's head. He started thinking if he should tell her about it at some point, if it was even necessary. It's not like he'd be afraid that Elijah would say anything to Yo Han, but he just didn't think she needed to know that he was basically in love with her uncle. Ga On knows how curious Elijah is, especially when it comes to Yo Han, he knows how invested she is in his life and his love life, or rather lack thereof. Or is it? Now that is something Ga On didn't consider just yet. Was Yo Han dating anyone? That could be a possibility. They've been away for four years, he had to have met someone, right? After all, he was probably bored and had a lot of time on his hands, since he wasn't plotting any revenge plans anymore. So, is there a possibility that Yo Han could have someone? Well, there definitely was, which made Ga On all the more stressed.

"Why was he in such a rush to leave anyway?" Ga On decided to ask, hoping that maybe Elijah would tell him a bit more about Yo Han and how his life has been during those past four years. Maybe he was rushing home to someone? Jesus fucking Christ, Ga On really needed to stop overthinking, or he'd kill himself with his own thoughts someday.

"I'm not surprised, he didn't even want to come here in the first place," Elijah shrugged. "He mostly didn't want to come because of you, because-"

"He doesn't trust me," Ga On finished her sentence, nodding in understanding. "He didn't want me to know he's alive, I get it," he added, going back to his cooking, feeling sad again. He still didn't quite figure out if he preferred to be sad about Yo Han being dead, or him being alive and hating him. "So what, you're going to stay here for a couple of weeks and he's just going to live out there all by himself?" He asked to make conversation, thinking that maybe Elijah would finally spill where they live. "Why did he leave in the middle of the night though? How long is his flight?"