Chapter 3 - The Episode

So Leah had a new purpose alongside her new role. She was to keep control of an unpredictable teenager with the ability to turn into a 15 meter tall titan with a fighting skill equal to that of any trained soldier.

No pressure.

She was reassured by the fact that Levi also shared this burden. Realising how well they worked together, he began to show her a smidge more respect than he had up until now. But by no means was he nice to her, more tolerable.

Their first act as the protectors of Eren Jeager was to deliberate at his court hearing, trying to persuade Premier Dhalis Zachary, the Commander-in-Chief of the Three Regiments, to let him fall into the Scouts' custody.

On the day of the hearing, Levi cleverly ordered Hange down to prepare him. Who better to unnerved the kid than the batshit crazy scientist?

Presently, Levi and Leah stood in silence beside Erwin in a large marble-floored Courthouse. Shortly after arriving and taking the elevated seat at the forefront of the courtroom, Commander Zachary spoke, addressing the crowd formally, before passing the floor to Nile Dok of the Military Police. Just as Leah had suspected, Nile spoke out of his ass, spouting bullshit that made her roll her eyes and scoff under her breath. "For the greater good, after we have gathered all the information that we can from him, we would see him made a fallen warrior of humanity." Nile summarised after his short speech. So they just plan to use and then kill the kid? That's pretty heartless, even for the Military Police. Leah thought.

Before long, Erwin was speaking. "As the commander of the Survey Corps, I Erwin Smith, propose the following. Let Eren join our ranks, reinstate him as a full member of the Scouts and we will utilise his titan ability to retake Wall Maria. That is all." Shocked gasps and murmurs echoed in the vast courthouse in response to Erwin's proposal. And while the courtroom took it well by the majority, a few felt strongly against this use of their money. Zachary demanded more information from Erwin but as he explained, the crowd began to take their turns passionately interjecting.

An argument broke out which Commander Zachary quickly shut down, beginning to address Eren for the first time.

After being accused of having no control over himself, Eren leaped into a passionate speech. Honestly, Leah respected the kid. He was speaking his mind and in doing so, making some very valid points. Good on him.

Sadly he got a bit worked up, ending his fervid tirade with a furious roar. A couple soldiers raised their guns and Leah watched as Levi stepped forward. Before anyone could do anything the Captain marched over to Eren and started beating the life out of the poor boy. Leah's body jerked forward in reaction to try and stop Levi but Erwin grasped her wrist. Leah furrowed her brow and met his gaze but he just shook his head. Clearly this was part of the show.

People spoke out in retaliation, demanding Levi stop out of fear of Eren transforming into his titan form. The raven haired man confidently dispelled their apprehensions. Before long Levi stood before us, holding a handful of hair of a battered and bruised Eren, suspending his head limply in the air as the rest of his body slumped in pain.

Erwin raised his hand into the air before speaking, "Sir, I have a proposition. There's still too much we don't know. And no doubt, his danger will be ever present. As such, I suggest this: Eren Jeager be placed under Captain Levi and Captain Leah's supervision."

Erwin placed a hand on the small of Leah's back and pushed her forward slightly, to highlight her presence to the crowd. Zachary glanced at Leah and she stood there with a stoic look on her face and a confident disposition, staring right back at him. She saluted him, slamming a fist over her heart.