Chapter 34 - I've Got You

The silence of the flying boat was only broken by sniffles and rogue sobs. Leah's attention was captivated by the view from the window; the golden hues cast upon the fluffy clouds over which they soared. Above cloud cover it was so serene, making it hard to believe that a trail of mass destruction and genocide followed them below.

Surprisingly Leah was the first to calm down. Her hiccups relented and instead her mind began to run wild with denial. "Eren can bring them back."

Leah's eyes travelled the soldiers around her, but none of them met her gaze. "If he has the power to euthanise a population, he must have to power to bring Hange back. He could revive them all- Hange, Sasha, Hannes," Leah turned to Levi beside her. "He could bring back Erwin."

The names Leah was reeling off yielded a reaction from nearly everyone, whether that be a final tear, the tensing of muscles or a choked sob. "Leah, that's enough." Levi breathed, his eyes locked on his clasped hands in his lap.

"But he-"

"Enough." Levi muttered, hurriedly taking one of her hands in his. Leah squinted her eyes as an ache squeezed her chest. She wasn't ready to accept that Hange was gone. Her throat constricted to the point of pain, and Leah felt in that moment as if she'd never breathe again.

The flying boat's engine hummed in the growing silence. Armin, who had been discussing their chances of making it to Fort Salta with Onyankopon, finally turned back to address the alliance. The mood was solemn, but Leah's fists clenched and unclenched habitually.

"Okay, let's lay out the plan." Armin lowered himself to one knee, pulling a stub of chalk from his pocket. Onto the wooden flooring of the flying boat he attempted to illustrate Eren's founding titan: a large semi-circle with curving ribs coming down, spikes along the spine and a tiny torso in comparison dangling from the cranial end.

"Based on what you saw, does the founding titan's body look something like this?" He questioned Pieck, who leaned forward to inspect his doodle.

"Yeah, though what I saw wasn't really that much."

"It's an ugly pile of bones crawling along on its belly. Like some gigantic bug." Levi commented dismissively. If demeaning Eren into abandoning the rumbling worked, Levi could've solved the issue days ago. Leah leaned back into the backrest of the seat, letting her skull balance on the leather covered cushioning. The waiting and travelling was like torture. She wanted to be out there, blades in hand, causing as much pain as possible. She needed to avenge Hange. Avenge everyone that died for the cause thus far.

"If it works like most titans, Eren is controlling it from the nape of its neck." Pieck suggested.

"Warhammer." Leah droned, not looking away from the ceiling of the ship. "Huh?" Pieck grunted from next to her.

Leah sighed, lifting her head and sliding off the seat to kneel next to armin. She pointed to the nape, "Most titans' weak spot is the nape. But when we fought the Warhammer, any damage to the nape was nullified due to the shifter being tucked away elsewhere."

Leah glanced up at Armin. "And so if the Warhammer's powers are in play, there's no way of saying where Eren is actually hiding."

"Exactly." Armin huffed frustratedly. "We don't know which part of the body he's in."

"But we don't need to land a precise hit," Pieck added. "We've got a weapon that can annihilate it. The same weapon that laid waste to the Port at Liberio in an instant. We can drop the Colossal titan on him."

"We could. It's a guaranteed way to destroy the founder. But before that, I still wanna try to talk things out." Armin tilted his head to look up at Pieck. "If we can't convince Eren to stop the Rumbling himself, I'll be our last resort."

Recall - Levi Ackerman x Fem OC (An Attack On Titan /// Shingeki No Kyojin ff)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara