Chapter 27 - The Raid on Liberio

(WARNING mild sexual content)

A/N: this is my first time writing anything remotely smutty so bear with me.

That night's sleep was one of the best Levi ever had. It was long, undisturbed and made ever better by the addition of his clingy, drunken co-captain.

Leah woke before him when the beams of sunlight streamed in through the window panes and shone through her eyelids. The woman didn't reach a deep sleep that night and the headache she faced when her eyes eventually rolled open felt as if someone was hammering her skull.

"Ugh..." She whined, rubbing her eyes and rolling over in bed. When her hand landed on warm, bare skin, Leah jumped slightly. Levi was still asleep beside her, his exposed chest rising and falling in slow, shallow breaths and a peaceful look on his face.

Leah leaned her weight on her elbow and glanced down at herself. Her top was off too, though she was thankful her bra was still covering most of her chest and with a peek under the bedsheet, her skirt was still on along with Levi's trousers. In a steady flow, the events of last night came back to the hungover red-headed woman.

With her other arm Leah massaged her temples, regretting the copious amount of alcohol she consumed. She froze mid action when she remembered Levi rejecting her advances. Well- rejecting is a strong word, especially when he merely requested a delay on it.

Feeling somewhat embarrassed, Leah lay back, training her eyes on the ceiling as the previous night played out in her head. It was blurry in places but the meat of it was there. Her heart rate picked up in her chest and she felt the temperature rise in her body. The main question in her head remained unanswered. Had they kissed? She remembered doing something similar to the action, but couldn't remember exactly what.

Levi stirred as the rays of sunlight grew more concentrated on their faces. Leah's attention snapped so quickly to him, she was surprise she didn't give herself whiplash. The man sucked in a deep breath of air as he stretched his limbs. "G'morning." He mumbled.

Leah's face burnt. She'd heard him talk first thing in the morning before; this wasn't the first time they'd slept next to each other. However, with the pair of them shirtless and the memories of their previous encounters fresh in her mind, there was an added edge of hotness in his deep and raspy morning voice.

"Morning." She murmured back, "Did you sleep well?"

In a calculated and fluid movement Levi slowly rolled over and trapped Leah beneath him, holding his torso over her with an arm on either side of her body. His eyes were half-lidded and his raven hair dishevelled in a way that made him look ten times sexier than usual.

It was safe to say Leah was caught off guard and rendered helpless; like prey cornered by a predator. If she'd been standing, her knees would've given out from under her at this point as she felt herself swoon. "Once you stopped wriggling, I did, yes." He smirked, tilting his head to the side to look at her from another angle.

"I- um- yes, see- about last night-" Leah stammered, trying to hold eye contact with him but failing miserably as she looked anywhere but him. He leaned back ever so slightly, an amused look on his face.

"Cat got your tongue?" He purred out. Leah held back a shudder, becoming all to aware of the heat rising in her stomach. It was all too much. The way his skin glistened in the morning sun, his messy bed-head that showed a side of him she rarely got to see and most importantly, the evil grin playing on his face as he watched her lose her mind beneath him.

"No, but I-" Leah pushed herself to sit up, still locked in place by Levi's muscular arms but now robbing him of his superior height. He angled towards her, narrowed eyes glinting with an unknown emotion. "Spit it out then."