Chapter 33 - So Long, Hange

"You're still hurt." Armin whined, trying to urge the ravenette back up the stairs. "You need to get back in bed." Despite what the two large, red stains in the stomach of his white shirt might've suggested, Armin's wounds from the encounter with the Jeagerists were superficial - at least once his titan healing had done its thing.

On the other hand, this was the longest Levi had managed to stay awake in a while, and now his energy was coming back to him he wouldn't take no for an answer. The Captain clutched onto the railings of the stairs for support as he hobbled down, outright ignoring Armin's pleas.

"Thanks for your concern but screw that." Levi rasped, panting already from the small distance he'd made. He paused there, his knuckles turning white from how firmly he grasped the metal. "I can sleep once I'm dead, got it kid? You little shits don't get to forget about me! Plus, I want to see Leah, and I hear that bearded lady's third elbow is healing up and it seems she's survived her infection... I'm gonna make her tell us where Eren is going." He said gravelly.

"Eren!?" Leah yelped, sitting up abruptly. The bed on which she had been lying creaked beneath her at the sudden movement and she whipped her head this way and that in search for the brunette boy. She could've sworn she was talking to him just moments ago...

She scrunched up her face as a skull splitting headache overcame her and she rose a hand to massage her temples. Tears that had been welling in her tear ducks spilled out as her eyes squeezed shut. "Gah... what the hell." She muttered, trying to organise her thoughts. After a span of deep breaths the pain subsided and she peeked her eyes open again.

"Ah, you're awake." Yelena observed. Leah glanced over to see Yelena hunched over on a second bed just a few meters away. The blonde's arm was cradled in a sling and the remnants of a nasty infection was plain on her face in the form of a pale complexion and pregnant beads of sweat on her forehead.

Just then the door to the room flew open, clanging against the metal walls of the ship and causing Leah to jump. In staggered an out of breath Levi with a panicked Armin in hot pursuit. "Please, Captain. Just sit down!"

Levi shoved Armin's hands away, his eyes locking on Leah's and his legs going into autopilot. He stumbled over to the bed, collapsing onto it and drawing the woman into a hug. His chest heaved in Leah's arms as he fought to reclaim his breath.

"Levi- you should be in bed!" Leah gasped, holding onto him tightly and trying to lie him down next to her. He secured himself in an upright position, one arm across Leah's body holding him up and the other supporting the back of her head as they pressed their foreheads together.

Leah winced, feeling the back of her head stinging. "Careful. Jean said she hit the back of her head." Armin interjected awkwardly, scratching his scalp with an uncertain look on his face. Levi quickly slid his hands to the side of her neck, pulling back to meet her lush green eyes once more.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, his breath fanning across her face, causing her eyes to flutter shut momentarily. Leah held onto Levi's shoulders, inspecting his stitching as she replied. "I'm alright, I think. My memory seems a bit... scrambled." She replied unsurely, furrowing her brow. It seemed like she'd forgotten something important, like some huge event was blurred out in her brain.

"Perfect, you're all here!" Hange exclaimed, sauntering into the room, followed by Lady Kiyomi and Pieck.

------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 4 OF THE RUMBLING

------------------------------------------------------------