Chapter 27

Sorry for the delay in posting once again. Life has been crazy for the last *looks at watch* four years. Yikes. Tbh the reason it’s taken so long is I lost all confidence in my writing. I’ve decided to power through regardless of my feelings of inadequacy. Here we gooooo.

****Also there is Elias/Luca smut in the third section. It’s pretty much the whole of the third section.****

Fates weave their threads

Our lives are sewn

Born to a life

All but our own

We feel it inside our bones

It’s in the blood. - In the Blood from the ‘Hades’ soundtrack.

“On bended knee, I swear to serve and protect my archangel and the realm, to serve the good of both, even if it costs my life. I swear to be brave and strong by sword or bow, in wilderness and cities, in the fires of the underworld and the weather of the skies. I swear to help govern and recommend judgment in good faith and understanding. All this to the best of my ability.”

Moira handed Liz a sword and Sebastian extended his arms to take it from her. He slid the metal into the scabbard that ran down his spine. Moira then handed Liz a silver crown and she placed it on Sebastian’s blonde curls.

Liz extended her hand to him and Sebastian rose to his feet. The crowd of angels cheered for their newest archangel and second. Liz smiled up at the bright sky and for just a moment she felt elated.

-----------------

After the ceremony, Elaine opened up a portal to the underworld, and Liz, Sebastian, and Demetre stepped into the darkened realm. Without Klaus there the underworld seemed so dim and bleak. Everything was the same but there was no life to it. The garden was dull where there had been light previously. The temperature was cooler and the fog that naturally settled over the world was heavy and stifling. It seemed like all warmth was slowly seeping out of the realm. It was getting harder and harder for Liz to want to be there. Every time she went up to the surface for school or to the heavens it was a breath of fresh air.

Liz slowly crept into the room she shared with Klaus. Ever since she had seen Ravenna in there a month ago she was weary every time she entered her space. There didn’t seem to be anyone there and she relaxed as she began to take the pins out of her hair. She deposited them and her crown on her nightstand and shook her hair out.

They hadn’t told Demetre about Ravenna yet. It was agreed that it would do him more harm than good to bring up her shade. After the encounter, she went to Sebastian and Elaine immediately and explained what she had seen and the cryptic message that Ravenna had given her. Neither knew what to make of it and that sat Liz’s teeth on edge. There were so many uncertain things surrounding her. Keeping her head above water was becoming increasingly more difficult.

No one had heard a whisper of Klaus or Ahaz since they disappeared and Liz was getting desperate. She wanted something, anything to happen. This time of limbo was driving her insane. Things were going well despite that though. The seraphim, demons, and angels had combined their councils and forces and were going through war strategies and plans daily. That seemed to be the one bright spot in all of this. Centuries-old tensions and discrepancies were slowly being healed and repaired. All parties involved were realizing just how much the gods had decayed the views of the others and they were doing away with it.
The book in Daphne’s hand snapped shut and Liz knew she had won. Daphne directed her hardened gaze to Liz and threaded her fingers together. Liz fought the urge to audibly gulp. Sometimes she forgot how scary Daphne could be. Now she was going to turn that sharp mind on Liz instead of her book.