Chapter 20

Notes:

FYI I have a character page on my tumblr with pictures and bio's for everyone. It's still under construction but if you want to check it out you can get a face to go with the name and look at everyone's relationships. :) http://moonstoneandjasmine.tumblr.com/characters

(See the end of the chapter formore notes.)

Chapter Text

Liz sighed and stretched her wings to their full length. She had been working on moving them for the past two hours. She would extend one and then the other, she would fold them behind her and flare them out quickly. They were beginning to feel like an extension of herself and not a hindrance. She couldn’t make them disappear yet and that was frustrating. She couldn’t return to school until she could cloak them and she wanted to miss as few days as possible.

Klaus had been working with her on it. The execution was simple enough she was just struggling. In order for her wings to disappear all she had to do was ignore them. She needed to visualize herself without wings in her mind and ignore the weight of them between her shoulders. Then they would vanish. It was so simple but no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t ignore this new aspect of her body. She was too excited about them to pretend like they weren’t there. 

Maybe when the luster wore off she would be able to perform the convenient trick. She folded them behind her and looked at all the angels walking around her. There were thousands of them and despite the danger ahead of them, they all seemed in good spirits. 

Klaus was currently with Isidore and Karina discussing battle strategy. The god of war and the goddess of wisdom were responsible for coming up with plans of action. They had dragged Klaus into the discussion just in case they ended up needing him and his legions of demons. That way he would be aware of their plan already and would be able to convey it quickly to his troops. 

Liz didn’t really know any of the angels around her and she suddenly had the urge to see someone familiar. It was easy to feel alone amongst the angels. She didn’t really feel like one of them despite her new body. 

She spotted Daphne riding on a Pegasus a few feet away. Charis was sitting on the beast behind her and he had his back against Daphne’s. He was gesturing at something and Liz chuckled at his exuberance. She made her way over to the two angels to see what they were talking about. As she neared them and overheard their conversation her amusement grew.

“Come on, 20 questions. I bet you can’t guess what I’m thinking about.” Charis was saying. He was leaning back against Daphne and his head was on her shoulder so he could peer up at the sky. Liz saw Daphne take a deep breath and she pinched the bridge of her nose.

“No. I can guess what you’re thinking because it’s been the same the last four times we’ve played this game.” 

“Indulge me, I’m bored and as your archangel, you’re responsible for entertaining me,” Charis replied. Daphne snorted and shook her head. Her hair got in Charis’ face and he blew it out of the way with a sputter.

“Nowhere in my job description as your second does it say that I have to entertain you.”

“Well, our oaths say that we have to look out for each other. Since I’m about to die of boredom shouldn’t you try to save me by entertaining me? Please?” Charis asked.

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

An angry snarl ripped through the air and Charis and Daphne turned their attention to the supply wagon next to them. Sebastian popped into view over the edge of the wagon as he sat up. He had been lying on top of some rolled up tents trying to take a nap.