Chapter 22

Notes:

NSFW content in the second section.

Photo reference for Liz’s votum: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/604326843718821925/

**UPDATE 7/20** Hi everyone, I'm so sorry for the lack of posts the last few months. Real life has been super hectic and there just hasn't been time to write. I made some progress so hopefully, the next chapter will be done next week. I just wanted to pop in and say that I haven't forgotten about this story and I'll be back with an update soon. <3

Chapter Text

Liz had no idea what to expect as she walked back to Klaus’ rooms. The last few days had been a whirlwind and she didn’t quite feel like she had her feet back on the ground yet. She was tired and she was concerned about Klaus and the others. Liz was hoping all her fears would be put at ease. Frankly, she was tired of putting on a brave face. Daphne was the only one who had seen her fall apart and she was glad for her kindness, but Liz needed Klaus. 

When she opened the doors she frowned when she realized he wasn’t there. He had been though. A plate of half-eaten food was at the table by the balcony and she could smell his shampoo. He hadn’t been gone long. She decided she was going to go look for him when she heard the door open. 

She whipped around to face the bedroom door and sighed in relief when Klaus strolled into the room. He had a book in his hand and he glanced up when he heard her exhale. He froze and lowered the book to his side.

“I’ve been looking for you.” His gaze raked up her body as he took in her formal dress and crown. He raised an eyebrow at her and tilted his head.

“I’ve been judging souls,” Liz answered his unspoken question. “Is that a problem?” He didn’t exactly look happy to see her.

Klaus fiddled with a strand of her hair as he passed by her and placed the book in his hand down on the table. Liz caught sight of his bandaged arm and she frowned as she turned to face him. He leaned back against the desk and surveyed her again. His posture was tense and his gaze was hard and angry. So much for a heartfelt reunion.

“Why don’t you say whatever’s on your mind because the look you’re giving me isn’t exactly good.” Liz crossed her arms and fought the urge to tap her foot. Klaus exhaled angrily through his nose and Liz narrowed her eyes at him. 

“You should not have stepped foot onto that battlefield yesterday, not one single toe,” Klaus spoke evenly. Liz let out a disbelieving laugh and turned to walk away from him. She stormed out onto the balcony and she heard him follow her. “You have no fighting experience, you were turned into an angel days ago, you don’t have a grasp on your powers, you don’t know how to use a weapon, why on earth did you think going to that temple was a good idea? It was reckless.”

Liz whirled to face him and her dress swirled around her. Her eyes flashed and she fought the urge to snarl at him. “You want to talk about reckless? How about we discuss the fact that you unleashed a dangerous, ancient, power on yourself and the others. Powers with horrible consequences. What if Theodora hadn’t been able to rechain the five of you? Hmm? What then? You would currently be wiping out the entire population and you want to lecture me because I wanted to help, because I did help? That’s not going to happen Klaus. You act like I went by myself and walked through that battle without a care in the world. I had two archangels and a second in command with me.”

“A second in command that can’t kill seraphim, and two archangels that didn’t have their powers and couldn’t kill seraphim!” Klaus threw his arms out. “What would’ve happened if you were ambushed? If you all had been attacked?”