Chapter 15

Notes:

Explicit sex in this chapter. It starts after Klaus comes back from judging souls and goes to the end of that section. Also, we take a trip to damnation so there will be mentions of torture. I won’t get too graphic with the torture, though.

Chapter Text

Klaus came into consciousness slowly and was faintly aware of someone standing next to him. He figured it was Liz and waited for her to crawl into bed with him. A few minutes passed and when the presence next to his bed didn’t move a chill crept up his spine. His claws slid from the tips of his fingers slowly so he wouldn’t alert the person next to him of his movements. He readied his body to spring and took a deep breath. He finally cracked an eye open to see who on earth was standing over him. He almost jumped ten feet in the air when he came face to face with Lilith. He swore loudly and bared his fangs at her.

“What on earth are you doing?” Klaus growled as he sat up. The feeling in his wings was back and a wave of relief washed over him. He didn’t like the numbing sensation that had infected them the last few hours. It made him feel hollow. He stretched them to their full length and sighed contentedly.

“I was trying to figure out the best way to wake you up so I wouldn’t get a reaction like this one, yet here we are.” Lilith smiled and flicked her braided hair over her shoulder. She was flipping her gold dagger absentmindedly in her right hand and Klaus raised an eyebrow.

“Have you come to stab me? That would’ve gone better if I was still asleep.” He ran his hand through his hair and Lilith’s grin widened.

“Nah boss, if I wanted you dead I would have done it centuries ago. I’ve got a small issue in damnation I need your assistance with. I was trying to wake you gently. I’m just glad you aren’t with your little human friend. That is not something I wanted to walk in on.” Lilith grimaced.

“You know you could knock on my door like a normal person.” Klaus snapped at her and threw his legs over the side of the bed. He stood and stretched before snapping his fingers. His armor and swords appeared on his body and he ruffled his feathers. “What is the problem in damnation?”

“Your second is annoying me.” Lilith crossed her arms.

“What? Elaine?” Klaus tilted his head. “What is she doing?”

“I’ve known Elaine a long time, I fought with her in the war. Sometimes I call her down to damnation to torture souls for me so I can take a break. I can’t be down there constantly or my immortality would be extremely bleak. I mean, it’s just screaming and fire-”

“Your point, Lilith?” Klaus asked impatiently.

“Right, well I called her down to help me out and now I can’t get rid of her. She’s taking all my new souls. I enjoy torture and she’s stealing my fun.” Lilith stomped her foot.

“You do realize you sound like a petulant child? You’re tattling on Elaine for playing with your favorite toys.” Klaus scoffed.

“I am!” Lilith threw her arms in the air. “Listen, yes, I’m in a sour mood because she’s stealing my fun but like I said I’ve known her a long time. Something is wrong with her and she is enjoying torture a little too much today. Could you just go talk to her please?”

“Fine, now get out of my room before I chuck you off of the balcony.” 

Lilith looked Klaus up and down slowly and bared her fangs. She crossed her arms while wearing an infuriating smirk. “I would like to see you try, Nikolaus.”