Chapter 7

Notes:

There is slight NSFW content in the first few paragraphs. If you don’t want to read it then skip the italicized part

Chapter Text

The silk sheets against her skin were cold and her body shivered. It wasn’t because of the cool material though it was because of the kisses against the inside of her leg. They were climbing higher and Liz threw her head back against the pillows.

Teeth scraped against her sensitive flesh before they suddenly stopped. Liz raised her head to stare at the person in between her thighs. Eyes black as night looked back at her and Liz gasped as Klaus looked her body over. He ran a hand over the curve of her breast and she arched into the touch as he moved his palm over her body. He lowered his mouth to her center and Liz clutched at the sheets underneath her at the touch of his lips against her.

Liz’s eyes flew open and she sat up in bed as she struggled to catch her breath. For a moment she forgot where she was as she surveyed the unfamiliar room around her. Cerberus was in the large bed next to her and he raised his head at her movements.

She was in her room in the underworld. She was alone. She took another deep breath and shook her head.

Where in the world had that dream come from? She flopped back against the pillows and stared up at the ornate ceiling and chandelier shimmering in the moonlight of the room. Cerberus laid his head on her shoulder and Liz turned her head to look at him.

He licked her nose and she giggled. “It was just a dream right Cerberus?”

The hound had no idea what she was referring to but he nodded in agreement. Liz rubbed his ears and Cerberus nudged her cheek with his large nose.

So some part of her mind was attracted to Klaus it seemed. She could accept that, he was good looking after all. Finding someone attractive did not mean she liked him. They were friends she guessed in some really odd way, that was all.

She laid in bed hoping she would be able to go back to sleep but she couldn’t. She was wide awake and she had no idea what time it was. It was constant night in the underworld so she had no way of knowing if it was three o’clock in the morning or high noon.

With a sigh, she shoved the blankets and furs off of her and stretched. She might as well get up and get ready for her day.

After she got dressed Liz walked from her room to Klaus’ study. Klaus’ palace was extensive and she didn’t feel like exploring. She didn’t exactly know where she was allowed to go or what dangers lurked in the castle. She didn’t even know if he was in his office but it seemed like the best place to wait for him.

She knocked on the door and was surprised to hear an answer. She pushed the heavy door open and found Klaus at his desk. He looked like he had been working for quite some time. Papers littered the top of his desk and he had the sleeves of his shirt rolled to his elbows. He glanced up at her when she approached him and the way he stared up at her through his lashes reminded Liz of her dream. Her breath hitched at the sight and she was suddenly aware of how warm the room was. Klaus seemed to notice something was up because he narrowed his eyes at her. Liz forced the dream from her mind and took a deep breath. She could not think about that right now, not with Klaus in the room.

“How long have you been working?” Liz wondered.

“A few hours.” 

“What time is it?” Liz yawned.

“5:47 in the morning.”

“Do you ever sleep?” Liz asked.

“I require less sleep than you, Miss Hart. What are you doing up so early? Shouldn’tyou be asleep?” Klaus organized some papers on his desk and leaned back in his chair to look at her.