Chapter 19

Notes:

The beginning of this chapter is a little stressful but the rest of the chapter is basically just fluff and fun. The angels need to have a little fun before all hell breaks loose.

Mentions of some mild nudity but no smut. Nothing is too detailed.

Chapter Text

The forest was quiet as the four angels made their way to where the archangels were camped out. Liz had drifted to the side away from Sebastian, Elaine, and Klaus. They were discussing strategy and while she should probably be listening, she couldn’t bring herself to focus.

Now that the initial panic of being captured had faded she realized how uncertain she was about her future and her relationship with Klaus. They hadn’t planned on her immortality so soon, their relationship was still so new and they were getting to know each other. Liz was always under the impression that they would have many more years to get comfortable with each other before any talk about her immortality would’ve come up again. Now, here she was a brand new angel and she and Klaus were not only dealing with that but this new threat and Sebastian’s possession. It was the worst possible time for her to change species.

She had no control over it but the worry still ate at her. It would be so easy for him to walk away right now and she didn’t really know if she would be upset with him if he did. 

Liz jumped as an involuntary shiver ran up her spine. She glanced behind her to see Klaus stroking one of her flight feathers. When he noticed that she had caught him he withdrew his hand.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t help myself. You have wings.” He smiled when he said the last sentence and Liz returned it timidly. She held her hand out to him and he came to stand next to her. She laced their fingers together and leaned into his side as they walked.

“How do you feel?” Klaus pressed a kiss to her hair and Liz shrugged. She didn’t really know how to answer. If she told him the truth then he might confirm her fears but this doubt was eating at her.

“I don’t know. I haven’t really had time to process everything. I’m just kind of shoving everything to the side. There are more important things to worry about.” 

Her gaze drifted over to where Sebastian and Elaine were walking. Sebastian’s wings were hidden and Elaine was riding piggyback. She was whispering things to him and her arms were draped loosely around his shoulders. Whatever conversation they were having seemed serious. Every once in awhile Liz would see Elaine touch his temple and Sebastian would stiffen. 

“What is she doing?” Liz asked Klaus after a minute. Klaus glanced over at the couple and shrugged.

“Elaine can get into people’s bodies. She’s probably telling him things mentally so they aren’t overheard or she’s building up the shields around his mind to keep others out. Probably both.” Klaus wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer. “I want you to tell me what happened last night when you were taken. Elaine told me the gist a minute ago but I want to hear everything. How did this happen?” 

Klaus gestured to her body. Liz took a deep breath and looked up at him. “We were getting ready to fly out. She heard something and told me to run. It was Sebastian, I mean Adastros, and he managed to get a cuff on her wrist that would dampen her powers. I ran like she told me but he caught me. He got another cuff on her wrist and completely cut off her power. That’s when he put a collar on me that cut off my deal with you.” 

Klaus closed his eyes and Liz could see his jaw stiffen. She wanted to know what he was thinking. “That’s why I couldn’t feel you for several minutes before the bargain was officially broken. Then what?”