Minotaur boy gets claimed

Evangeline didn't have many interests if she did she kept them to herself, to everyone she was a mystery, a puzzle that no one could solve, no one knew anything about Evangeline, they had no idea not even Annabeth knew about her life before camp, no matter how long they had been friends there was a part of her that didn't trust Annabeth, or anybody else.

"I just want to go back to my old life the one without monsters with horns who are trying to kill me and get my mom back," Percy said as he looked at the brunette, snapping her out of her thoughts, Annabeth couldn't help Percy during his outdoor activities today so she asked Evangeline to fill in for her. Which took a lot of convincing.

"What about your mom, where is she?" Percy pried.

"She was in New Orleans" She swallowed.

"Was?" Percy asked.

Evangeline looked down at the ground "Was" she confirmed.

Percy looked at her a little confused and was about to ask another question.

"Try not to stab yourself in the eye, minotaur boy " She looked at him, changing the topic.

The boy flushed. "Oh, wow thanks for the tip."

It was Percy's first sword-fighting lesson. Everybody from Cabin Eleven gathered in the big circular arena, where Luke would be their instructor. Evangeline knew he didn't stand a chance but still wanted to see how this would go.

They started with basic stabbing and slashing, using some straw-stuffed dummies in Greek armor. Percy did alright.

Soon, they moved on to dueling in pairs. Luke announced he would be Percy's partner since this was his first time.

"Good luck," one of the campers told Percy. "Luke's the best swordsman in the last three hundred years."

Luke showed Percy thrusts parries and shield blocks the hard way. With every swipe, the boy got a little more battered and bruised. "Keep your guard up, Percy," Luke would say, then hit him in the ribs with the flat of his blade. Percy was not getting the hang of sword fighting.

By the time Luke called for a break, Percy was soaked in sweat. Everybody swarmed the drinks cooler. Percy approached the water cooler Evangeline was standing next to.

"He said he'd go easy on me," he grumbled, chugging water.

"Well, people lie."

"Is this like your whole personality? Being all emo and weird?"

"What's an emo?"

Percy looked at her skeptically as he eyed the necklace around her neck. "How long have you been at camp?"

"Too damn long." She sighed.

"Okay, everybody circle up!" Luke ordered. "If Percy doesn't mind, I want to give you a little demo."

"You better not lose, I have to give fifty drachma to Landon if you do."

"You're betting on me?"

"Pretend I didn't say anything," she changed the topic. "Just don't stab yourself and we'll be fine."

"Thanks for the touching words, death girl."

"No problem!" She yelled as she quickly left the arena.

The dinners before a game of Capture the Flag were always filled with more excited buzzing than other nights.

When the plates were cleared away, the conch horn sounded and everyone stood at their tables. Campers yelled and cheered as Annabeth and two of her siblings ran into the pavilion carrying a silk banner.
It was about ten feet long, glistening grey, with a painting of a barn owl above an olive tree.