The reaping ceremony

Evangeline was lucky to have survived till this long all things considered, but she knew her father and Zeus were not happy about this it was already bad that Percy Jackson was a son of Poseidon.

It had been a few days since Percy was claimed, and in those days Camp had become distant toward the new son of Poseidon, everyone kept their distance from Percy. Evangeline pretended he didn't exist which was very easy once you learn how to tune people out. 

There was a knock on the door at the Hermes cabin, Evangeline opened the door to see Grover Underwood, she was still in her pajamas but she didn't care. "Hey, you need something?" she asked

"Can you come to the big house, Chiron has summoned you?" She nodded her head, confused as Grover ran off, she sighed as she closed the door, and she changed into her black camp half-blood t-shirt with jeans and combat boots.

Evangeline made her way up the stairs to the Big House. She saw Percy, Grover, and Chiron at the pinochle table, talking. Percy headed up the attic stairs towards where the Oracle Delphi was.

"You summoned me?" She spoke as she walked in.

"Ah, yes." Chiron sighed. "I believe there is something we need to talk about."

And with that Chiron told her about the whole plan to go and retrieve the bolt from Father Dearest and give it back to Zeus before the summer solstice. Evangeline didn't want to go, she didn't want to meet her father nor did she want to help return the big man child's bolt to him.

After a while, Percy came back downstairs and told them of his conversation with the Oracle. He was acting much more weirder than usual, but Evangeline figured it was the kelp in his head rotting.

"Okay," Percy said. His eyes stayed glued to the three before him. "So, I'll travel overland."

"That's right," Chiron said. "Three companions may accompany you. Grover is one. Evangeline" the centaur nodded at her "would be a wise second choice considering her heritage. And you have a third volunteer, as well, if you will accept her help."

"Gee," Percy said with a mocking tone. "Who else would be stupid enough to volunteer for a quest like this?"

The air shimmered behind Chiron.

Annabeth became visible, stuffing her Yankees cap in her back pocket.

"I've been waiting a long time for a quest, Percy," she said. "Athena is no fan of Poseidon, but if you're going to save the world, I'm the best person to keep you from messing up. And if Evangeline is going," Annabeth pointed her thumb at Evangeline "Then I am too."

Percy looked at Evangeline. "Why would you volunteer for a quest like this?"

"You think I would willingly volunteer to go anywhere with you." she hissed.

"You are the daughter of Hades himself, Percy will have a better chance of getting into the underworld with you around," Chiron said calmly. "It isn't a coincidence, you don't think?"

Evangeline scowled at him. "You are going to make me go even if I say no aren't you?"

"Yes, you also have an important role to play in this prophecy," said Chiron.

"Yay," Percy said sarcastically as he looked at the brunette.

Evangeline narrowed her eyes at the son of Poseidon and clenched her jaw.

Annabeth gritted her teeth. "Do you want our help or not?"

Percy didn't make another sarcastic retort. "That'll work."

"Excellent," said Chiron. "This afternoon, we can take you as far as the bus terminal in Manhattan. After that, you are on your own."

"Great" Evangeline scoffed shaking her head.

Lightning flashed. Rain poured down on the meadows that were never supposed to have such violent weather.

"No time to waste," said Chiron. "I think you should all get packing."