Hades becomes a coquette girl

The daughter of Hades had reached the age of the prophecy against all odds. She had turned sixteen and her birthday was more normal than she had expected.

Hades and Nico "supposedly" baked her a cake, it was very obvious they didn't but she decided to play along. The father and son were acting kinder than usual, she felt like they were not telling her something.

She knew if she asked, the two would just act like they weren't hiding anything. Persephone got Evangeline a small plant which the brunette triple-checked for any kind of trick. The goddess of spring was warming up to her but it was still safe to check.

She hadn't spoken to Percy a lot since his birthday, she was distancing herself from him, she didn't like shutting him out.

But if Aphrodite had chosen Annabeth to be with Percy then Evangeline would just be getting in the way of a love story. She didn't want to mess up her friendship with either of them so she thought it would be best to remove herself from the picture.

So to not have to deal with either of them she threw herself into work. The brunette had been training non-stop, Hades wanted her to be prepared for the war that would take place. She had learned many more abilities, one of them being that she could manipulate memories, something her father hadn't even mentioned in sixteen years of her life.

When she came back she found out that the son of Poseidon was now aboard Princess Andromeda with Charles Beckendorf son of Hephaestus to try and stop the forces of Kronos.

The brunette twisted her camp necklace back and forth as she took in deep breaths. Evangeline felt a lump form in her throat, as Percy entered the pavilion without Charles.

Chiron galloped into the pavilion first. He wore a green T-shirt that said MY OTHER CAR IS A CENTAUR and a bow slung over his back. "Percy!" he cried. "Thank the gods. But where..."

Landon and Annabeth ran in right behind him, Annabeth grabbed Percy's arm. "What happened? Is Luke—"

"The ship blew up," Percy rasped. "He wasn't destroyed. I don't know where—"

Silena Beaureguard pushed through the crowd. Her hair wasn't combed and she wasn't wearing makeup which wasn't like her. A heavy feeling settled over the brunette as she saw Beckendorf's girlfriend.

"Where's Charlie?" She demanded, looking around. Percy looked at Chiron helplessly.

The centaur cleared his throat. "Silena, my dear, let's talk about this at the Big House—"

"No," she muttered. "No. No."

She started to cry, and the rest of them stood around, too stunned to speak. They'd already lost so many people over the summer, but this was the worst. With Beckendorf gone, it felt like someone had stolen the anchor for the entire camp.

Finally, Clarisse came forward. She put her arm around Silena. They had one of the strangest friendships ever—a daughter of the war god and a daughter of the love goddess—but ever since Silena had given Clarisse advice last summer about her first boyfriend, Clarisse had decided she was Silena's personal bodyguard.

Clarisse was dressed in her bloodred combat armor, her brown hair tucked into a bandana. She was as big and beefy as a rugby player, with a permanent scowl on her face, but she spoke gently to Silena.

"Come on, girl," she said. "Let's get to the Big House. I'll make you some hot chocolate."

Everyone turned and wandered off in twos and threes, heading back to the cabins. Nobody seemed excited to see Percy now. Nobody wanted to hear about the blown-up ship. Only Annabeth, Evangeline, Chiron, and Landon stayed behind.