Home sweet home

It took them five minutes of peace before the campers had thrown themselves at Chiron with wide smiles and some tearful eyes as the old centaur patted as much as heads as he could while keeping his balance upright.

Annabeth's younger siblings had launched themselves at the blonde, successfully knocking her down while Malcolm stood over with a soft smile. He was the last to hug her but was by far the one who did it the longest. Evangeline figured Annabeth didn't have the heart to let go.

Percy didn't have any siblings like Annabeth did, but his camper friends had given the boy a high five and fist bumps upon his return. They threw their arms around his shoulder and began asking all kinds of questions about the quest.

As for Evangeline, she was attacked by the Stolls and Landon and was trapped in a hug. She let out a sharp wince as they squeezed her too tightly. They pulled away quickly and the twins started panicking when they caught sight of the bloody arm, and Landon checked her for more injuries. "Where did you get that from?" Travis asked.

"We thought we'd never see you again," Conner sighed.

"Will you idiots calm down!" She scolded.

The three of them immediately stopped talking, and the Stoll brothers left the two of them to talk. "You need to get that checked out," Landon told her. "It looks like it could get infected."

"Thank you for pointing out the obvious" She deadpanned.

Landon rolled his eyes.  "I'm sorry for being concerned, about my best friend."

"You should be," Evangeline mumbled. "I have had enough of today."

Landon led her to the infirmary as he stitched the cut up. "Luke did this?" He asked as he put the needle down.

"Not, really, I mean he did have his sword at my throat, but it happened when Backbiter fell after I hit him in the head."

The son of Hermes chuckled and shook his head. "Glad you're okay, grumpy."

Evangeline gave him a tight-lipped smile, after a moment of silence Landon put a hand on the brunette's knee. "Evangeline. Listen I have to tell you something,"

"What is it?" She asked.

"Well I can't believe I'm admitting this," he mumbled under his breath. "But I broke your paintbrush."

"How do you break a paintbrush Landon?" She asked.

"Well—"

He was interrupted when Percy knocked on the infirmary door. The son of Poseidon looked between the two and cleared his throat as he looked at the brunette and saw the cut. "The Stolls told me you were in here." He said.

Landon set his jaw and put his hands on his thighs as he got up. "I'll talk to you later, Eve." When he passed Percy the two boys shot each other a glare before parting different ways.

"What did he want?" Percy asked sitting in front of the brunette as he curled his lip.

"He was stitching the cut." She told him, she didn't understand why the two boys acted so weird around each other but decided to let them handle it instead of getting involved in whatever thing they have going on.

"You could have asked one of the Apollo kids." He spoke, as he took her arm and looked at the cut.

"They were busy." She admitted.

He looked away and grumbled. "Didn't know Landon was such a good doctor."

Evangeline shot him a look. "He offered to help, I couldn't say no."

"Still don't get what you see in him." The son of Poseidon muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" She asked.

Percy shook his head. "Nothing."

Later that night Evangeline's shadow traveled to the Underworld, while everyone was asleep. A few seconds later she stood in the house of Hades.

Hades sat on his throne, completely aware of his daughter's presence behind the door of the room.

"You seem tired." She said as she walked into the room.

Hades looked up at her. "Evangeline," he sighed. "what are you doing here?"

"Well, I was free and thought we should finally talk."

Hades sat up on his throne. "Very well." In the blink of an eye, they were in a park with a stone bench on it.  

"So have you made a decision?"  Hades asked as he sat down.

She nodded. "I have," she sat down next to him.

"And?"

"I think I should stay at camp... and here," He arched a brow at her words. "I'll  drop by from time to time, and I'll still live at camp, it's a win-win." She shrugged.

"What happened to your face, why do you have a bruise? If it was Poseidon's boy I will-" Hades started.

"No, no, no." The brunette quickly denied it. "It wasn't Percy. Annabeth hit me in the face on accident."

A silence fell over the two, they sat in quiet for a few minutes, before they talked for an hour then bid each other goodbye, and Evangeline transported herself back to the cabin at camp.

Evangeline was glad it was night so she could sleep, she was exhausted from the usage of her powers, and her talk with Hades.

A few nights, after their return the cabins had been alerted to a disturbance on the hill due to the fleece, when the brunette reached the top a girl caught her eye, she was covered in pine needles and moss as she lay at the root of the tree. Her eyes were shut tight like she was having a bad dream, but her chest was still rising up and down.

The daughter of Hades stood next to Annabeth who was kneeling next to the new girl. Her grey eyes shined with sadness. "Curse the Titan lord," Chiron announced once he made his way to the tree. "He's tricked us again, given himself another chance to control the prophecy."

"What do you mean?" Percy's voice sounded confused as he joined the daughters of Athena and Hades near the girl.

"The fleece did its work too well." Chiron's voice was ragged. "It healed the tree, but the poison was not the only thing it purged."

The girl coughed and opened her eyes. Percy was the first one to speak. "I'm Percy Jackson, you're safe now,"

"Stangest dream..." Thalia began slowly getting to her feet, grabbing onto the tree for support.

"It's okay." Percy followed her up his arms out in case she fell.

"Dying." Thalia fully stood up now, her electric blue eyes wide as she took in her surroundings.

"No," Percy was quick to assure. "You're okay. What's your name?"

"I am Thalia," The girl stated her name. "Daughter of Zeus."

------------