The gift of immortality

While Zeus was talking—a long speech about the bravery of the gods, etc. Annabeth walked in and stood next to the brunette. She looked good for someone who'd recently passed out.

"Miss much?" Annabeth whispered.

"Well, they haven't voted to kill anyone of us..." Evangeline trailed off.

"First time today."

Percy cracked up, but Grover nudged them because Hera was giving the three demigods a dirty look.

"As for my brothers," Zeus said, "we are thankful" he cleared his throat like the words were to get out. "erm, thankful for the aid of Hades."

Evangeline's father nodded. He had a smug look on his face. Hades patted Nico on the shoulder, and Nico looked happier than Evangeline had ever seen him. The God of the Dead gave his daughter a slight smile.

"And, of course," Zeus continued, though he looked like his pants were smoldering. "we must...um...thank Poseidon."

"I'm, sorry, brother," Poseidon said. "What was that?"

"We must thank Poseidon," The God of the Sky growled. "Without whom...it would've been difficult—"

"Difficult?" Fish Jesus asked innocently.

"Impossible," Zeus said. "Impossible to defeat Typhon."

The gods murmured agreement and pounded their weapons in approval.

"Which leaves us," Zeus said, "only the matter of thanking our you demigod heroes, who defended Olympus so well—even if there are dents in my throne."

He glared at the brunette, Evangeline may have smacked Kronos into Zeus' throne more times than the rest of the thrones.

Zeus called Thalia forward first, since she was his daughter, and promised her help in filling the Hunters' ranks.

Artemis smiled. "You have done well, my lieutenant. You have made me proud, and all those Hunters who perished in my service will never be forgotten. They will achieve Elysium, I am sure."

She glared pointedly at Hades.

He shrugged. "Probably."

Artemis glared at him some more.

"Okay," Evangeline's father grumbled. "I'll streamline their application process."

The electrical cord beamed with pride. "Thank you, my lady." She bowed to the gods, even Hades, and then limped over to stand by Artemis' side.

"Tyson, son of Poseidon!" Zeus called. Tyson looked nervous, but he went to stand in the middle of the Council, and the God of the Sky grunted.

"Doesn't miss many meals, does he?" Zeus muttered. "Tyson, for your bravery in the war, and for leading the Cyclopes, you are appointed a general in the armies of Olympus. You shall henceforth lead your brethren into war whenever required by the gods. And you shall have a new...um...what kind of weapon would you like? A sword? An axe?"

"Stick!" Tyson said, showing his broken club.

"Very well," Zeus said. "We will grant you a new, er, stick. The best stick that may be found."

"Hooray!" Tyson cried in happiness, and all the Cyclopes cheered and pounded him on the back as he rejoined them.

"Grover Underwood of the satyrs!" Dionysus called.

The young satyr came forward nervously.

"Oh, stop chewing your shirt," Mr. D chided. "Honestly, I'm not going to blast you. For your bravery and sacrifice, blah, blah, blah, and since we have an unfortunate vacancy, the gods have seen fit to name you a member of the Council of Cloven Elders."