Battle of the century: a god vs pac-man

Evangeline wasn't sure what she was looking at but Mr. D looked particularly healthy for someone who was supposed to be injured.

The god sighed. "Evelyn, how long will it take for you to recognize me on sight?"

"Evangeline." She corrected. "And where are we?"

"Why, Bobby Earl's birthday party," Dionysus said. "Sowhere in a lovely rural America."

"I thought you were injured. They said you crash landed."

Mr. D put a hand on his chest as if acting flattered. "Eloise your concern is touching. I did crash-land. Very painfully. In fact, part of me is still buried under a hundred feet of rubble in an abandoned coal mine. It will be several more hours before I have enough strength to mend. But in the meantime, part of my consciousness is here."

"At a bar, playing an arcade game." The brunette raised a brow.

"Party time," The God of Wine shrugged. "Surely you've heard of it. Wherever there is a party, my presence is invoked. Because of this, I can exist in many different places at once. The only problem was finding a party. I'm sure you're aware how serious things are outside your safe little bubble of New York—"

"Safe little bubble?" She scoffed.

The man shot her a look. "But believe me, the mortals out here in the heartland are panicking. Typhon has terrified them. Very few are throwing parties. Apparently, Bobby Earl and his friends, bless them, are a little slow. They haven't yet figured out that the world is ending."

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked.

Dionysus snorted. "Because you're my favorite,"

"You voted for me to die two years ago," The brunette crossed her arms.

He waved his wand lazily. "I wasn't voting for you, I was voting for Pedro and Tiana."

Evangeline looked at him skeptically, somehow she had a feeling he was acting. "Uh-huh, sure."

"And I was not in the mood to deal with Peter's annoying presence. You, I can tolerate." Dionysus said. "The point is, I pulled you into party time to deliver a warning. We are in danger."

"No fucking way," The daughter of Hades deadpanned. "I would've never guessed."

The god narrowed his eyes at her and momentarily forgot his game. The yellow figure on the screen got eaten by the red ghost.

"Erre es korakas, Blinky!" He cursed. "I will have your soul!"

"Mr. D that's a game." she pointed out.

"That is no excuse! And you're one to talk, what about what happened with Emmet what's his name,"

"Ethan Nakamura," she spoke through gritted teeth. "and what I did was justified."

"Whatever! Now listen, the situation is graver than you imagine. If Olympus falls, not only will the gods fade, but everything that is connected to our legacy will also begin to unravel. The very fabric of your puny little civilization—"

The game played a song and the god progressed to level 254. "Ha!" He shouted. "Take that, you pixelated fiends!"

"Mr. D," Evangeline called earning his attention.

"Yes, yes. Your entire society will dissolve. Perhaps not right away, but mark my words, the chaos of the Titans will mean the end of Western civilization. Art, law, wine tastings, music, video games, silk shirts, black velvet paintings—all the things that make life worth living will disappear!"