Falling in lov-labyrinth

Evangeline was playing a game of fetch with Mrs O'Leary, she had thrown a stick into the woods but when the hellhound didn't come back she went to look for her. Soon enough she found her and said. "What are you doing here?" Mrs O'Leary was staring at something in front of them.

Evangeline looked up and saw it too. A ghost of a figure; a hunter of Artemis with olive skin and dark hair that was braided. Standing in front of her was Bianca di Angelo.

The brunette stood up instantly. "Bianca?"

But the spirit didn't answer instead she took off and towards the boulders in the woods. "Wait, a second," Evangeline trailed after her, she clambered sideways along the boulders, she took another step sideways and suddenly there was nothing behind her, she saw Bianca go in the crack, and she warily followed.

The brunette slid her way between the boulders, but the ground seemed to open beneath her. She yelped as she began to fall, she tried to grab something but didn't find anything. When she hit the ground Evangeline felt as if she had broken more bones than she had fixed.

The daughter of Hades groaned as she got to her feet she couldn't see anything so she pressed the snake pendant and her sword formed in her hand, she looked around she couldn't find anything the only sound there was of her breathing.

Evangeline didn't hear the thud of someone else falling behind her, she did see an illuminating glow. She turned around and grabbed the figure's collar and pushed it against the wall with her sword at its throat.

She raised the person's sword and then the person spoke. "Whoa, it's just me princess!"

"Percy?" She asked as she finally saw the son of Poseidon pressed between her and a wall. "What are you doing here?"

"Some scorpions were chasing after me," Percy tried to sound calm, but he was freaking out. His face was also heating up with how close the brunette's face was to his. Percy looked into her eyes and then unintentionally her lips, lucky for him she didn't notice.

"Where's Landon?" Evangeline asked, removing her sword from his throat and stepping back.

"We got split up. I'm okay by the way, thanks for asking." He grumbled, rubbing his throat.

She looked up and there was a moment she could see the scorpions above, the purple evening sky, and the trees, and then the hole shut, and they were completely in the darkness. Their breathing echoed against the stone.

"Can we find an exit?" Evangeline asked.

"Yeah," Percy nodded. "just stay close." He lifted Riptide, letting it illuminate a dull light.

"Evangeline?" He whispered when he couldn't see her.

"Evangeline?" He called again. 

No answer. 

"Boo!" She yelled and suddenly appeared next in front of him. 

"Don't do that!" He placed a hand on his chest. "Almost gave me a heart attack." 

"Would you relax, I'm right here," She grabbed his hand and held it.  "Don't worry, I'm not going to let the shadows attack you." 

"I don't need you to protect me," He mumbled as he took his hand back.

"Fine," she said. "Then don't hold my hand, stay in the dark—"

"No, no, no!" Percy quickly reached for her hand.

"I just—" He cleared his throat, acting tough. "I just think, you should hold my hand so one of us doesn't get lost."

The daughter of Hades smirked. "Perseus Jackson, are you scared of the dark?"