Percy gets bullied by a poodle

Evangeline couldn't sleep, she could hear Percy and Grover's whispering conversation, it wasn't like she wanted to listen to Percy's agitating voice but it was either that or she just got lost in her own mind and she did not like the second option.

"How are we going to get into the Underworld?" Percy asked. "I mean, what chance do we have against a god?"

"I don't know," he admitted. "But back at Medusa's, when you were searching her office? Annabeth was telling me and Evangeline—"

"Oh, I forgot," Percy scoffed. "Annabeth will have a plan all figured out. And Evangeline did absolutely nothing."

"Don't be so hard on them, Percy," said Grover. "They've both had a tough life..." His voice faltered."

"Both of them want me dead, well Evangeline does, she's made it pretty clear how much she despises me."

The satyr sighed. "Evangeline, she's a tough person to understand, you can't really blame her Percy all anyone has ever done is hate her. She has her reasons to be cold toward you."

Percy looked over at Evangeline's "sleeping" frame then looked at Grover "I'm pretty sure she just doesn't have a heart, she's probably just as heartless as her dad."

The satyr shook his head at Percy. "Percy, that's not... look, just give her a chance she'll warm up to you. And Annabeth she forgave me-" his voice faltered.

"What do you mean?" Percy asked. "Annabeth forgave you for what?"

Grover never answered, playing notes on his reed pipes.

"Wait a minute," the son of Poseidon said. "Your first keeper job was five years ago. Annabeth has been at camp for five years. She wasn't ... I mean, your first assignment that went wrong"

"I can't talk about it." Grover's voice was quivering. Evangeline knew if Percy kept pushing Grover would start crying.  "But as I was saying, back at Medusa's, Annabeth, Evangeline, and I agreed there's something strange going on with this quest. Something isn't what it seems."

That's when Evangeline decided to fall asleep.

Evangeline eyes snapped open as she woke up panting and sweating.

After she calmed herself down she looked around and saw that Annabeth and Percy were still asleep, which was weird because she always slept longer than everyone else. She saw Grover looking at her in concern and worry. Evangeline got up and dusted off her clothes.

"Stop looking at me like that," she said.

"Are you ok?" The satyr asked as he sat up.

"Yeah," Evangeline said as she looked over at the other two demigods to check if they were still asleep.

"You were hyperventilating while you were sleeping. I thought you were having a panic attack when I looked over at you" Grover said in a soft and worried tone.

"It-" Evangeline paused "it was... nothing," She told him.

Grover nodded and gave her a tight-lipped smile. Silence fell over the two,  Evangeline could hear Percy mumbling something in his sleep and Annabeth's snores.

"How are you holding up?" asked Grover as he looked up at the brunette.

" I'm fine... I always am" She reassured him. Annabeth then woke up saving Evangeline from another question from the satyr. She sat up and brushed her hair out of her face, blinking at the two.

"How are you awake before noon?" Annabeth asked, her voice groggy

Evangeline chuckled and shook her head at the daughter of Athena's question. Annabeth grinned then looked at Grover, and asked "How long have you been up?"