Percy jumps santa

Flying on the shoulder of a statue wasn't what Evangeline had ever thought she would be doing. She was taking in the fresh air while trying not to fall asleep.

"Hey, hey, Frisco!" One angel yelled. "Yo, Chuck! We could visit those guys at the Mechanics Monument again! They know how to party!"

"Oh, man," the other angel, Chuck, said. "I am so there!"

"You've been to San Francisco?" Percy asked.

"We automation gotta have some fun once in a while, right?" the statue carrying her said. "Those mechanics took us over to the de Young Museum and introduced us to these marble lady statues, see. And"

"Hank!" Chuck squawked. "They're kids, man."

"Oh, right," The statue blushed. "Back to flying."

Eventually, the mountains fell away into smaller and smaller hills. Then the hills faded away into flat farmland, with a speck of city and highway every once in a while.

Grover played his reed pipes over on Chuck's shoulder to pass the time by. Zoë soon got bored and started shooting arrows at random billboards as they flew by. Whenever she saw a Target department store—and they had to pass by at least thirty of them—she would peg the store's sign with a few bulls-eyes at a hundred miles an hour. Evangeline let Percy play with her snake ring, while she summoned a tiny ball of shadow energy on her fingertips and messed around with it.

Thalia kept her eyes closed the whole way. She kept muttering a prayer over and over.

"You did good back there," Percy told her as their statue flew next to hers. "Zeus listened."

It was hard to tell Thalia's reaction with her eyes closed. "Maybe," she said. "How did you get away from the skeletons in the generator room, anyway? You said they cornered you."

Then Percy told them about this mortal girl he had run into while being chased. A girl named Rachel Elizabeth Dare, a girl who could see Riptide. Apparently, the girl was someone who could see through the Mist.

"Some mortals are like that," Thalia finally said after Percy finished his explanation. "Nobody knows why."

"Could your mom see through the Mist?" Percy asked the brunette on his left.

"I have no idea, I mean whenever Dad and I talk about her he always drops these vague hints and sentences that she knew he was a god, but other than that I don't know."

"Well, the girl was annoying," Percy said. "But I'm glad I didn't vaporize her. That would've been bad."

Thalia nodded. "Must be nice to be a regular mortal."

Percy's head fell against Evangeline's as he fell asleep. The brunette sighed as she also was extremely tired. She couldn't play with her ring as Percy was now holding her hand tightly as he napped, she tried to remove it from his grasp but he just gripped it tighter like he didn't want to let go of her.

She closed her eyes as she sighed. She had given up trying to free herself from Percy's grip which had become more tighter and clingier.

The more she tried to get him to let go the more he held on.

After hours of flying in silence "Where do you guys want to land?" Hank asked. Evangeline had been to San Francisco once when she lived there when she was 6. Out of all the places she had lived New Orleans will always remain her favorite but San Francisco was a close second.

Percy stretched and woke up from his nap, but did he let go of the brunette's hand? No, he did not.

"Whoa," he gasped.