"𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚"

ITS BEEN A MONTH

ITS BEEN A MONTH. i've been dating bruce for 1 month and i couldn't be anymore happier.
He brings me happiness i never even knew someone could bring to a person. It was now winter. Meaning the presences of christmas was kicking in.

The school halls filled with decorations, shops and cafes decorated competitively to see who's was the best, besides halloween i would say this was my 2nd favourite holiday. Me and bruce walked down the gloomy streets, rugged up in layers of clothes holding hand in hand.

The steam coming out of our mouths entertained us, pretending to be smoking cigarettes as we laughed and pushed each other around, occasionally slipping over. The snow crunching beneath my converse, only a thin layer of snow covered the roads, the mayor made everyone clean the roads and pathways once the snow storm passed.

We made a stop at my house, bruce's hands wrapped around my waist as he smiled at me "i'll see you tomorrow" he said before pressing his cold lips against mine, his cold nose touched mine the slightest, i chuckled "you're so cold" i pulled away "yeah" he chuckled.

"get home before you get sick" i said before leaning in for a warm hug, he lifted me up off the ground squeezing me tight, i chuckled as we both pulled away, small snow flakes in his hair.

"bye bruce" i placed a kiss on his forehead watching as he waved a goodbye, disappearing around the block to his house. I let out a sigh as i walked up to the porch, entering the warm house.

Mama in the kitchen cooking a roast for dinner, blair watching christmas cartoons in the living room, also being occupied by her pacifier and giraffe teddy. I placed my snow covered coat on the rack next to the door.

"hey ma" i spoke as i entered the kitchen, she spun around "hi mija, how was the diner?" she smiled, i nodded lifting myself up onto the counter next to where she was cooking "good, bruce paid" i smiled.

"aw, he's a gentleman" she laughed, i nodded with a smile "well dinner will be ready, go have a shower and get warm" she says as she seasoned the chicken. I nodded as i walked up to the stairs.

THE NEXT DAY

i walked down the streets, the snow had melted off most of the town, just some flakes on the trees and street poles. I rubbed my hands in an attempt to get warm when something caught my eye.

A sickly feeling hit my stomach as i recognised the familiar poster on the street pole, i turned my head being met with finn's face on the street pole, my heart sunk to my stomach, was it a sick joke? Finn would be smart enough not to trust anyone.

I grabbed the poster shoving it into my tote bag as i sprinted to school and into the hallways, where kids at their lockers stared at the poster in shock and sympathy, i swallowed the cry in my throat as i found bruce.

We made eye contact, by his reaction im guessing he must of known by now "oh y/n" he gave a sad smile as he brought me into a tight hug, i melted into the hug as tears stung my eyes, all i could think about was what about robin, did this mean the grabber was onto his next victims, did he kill robin?

What about finn? he can't handle a horror movie, let alone being in one. And what about gwen, she's stuck in a household with an abusive father. Tears ran down my face at the thoughts that raced through my mind. Bruce didn't say anything, he just held me. Rubbing my back softly.

That's when i felt bruce let go of me, his eyes fixated on else behind me, i looked in his direction seeing gwen behind me, her eyes red like she had been crying a river. I pulled her into a hug that she melted into.

"now i know how you feel" she mumbled "it's only the beginning gwen" i sighed patting her back as she began softly crying.

TIME SKIP.

I sat on my bed with bruce, none of us saying anything. I hugged my knees staring at my bed, my mind racing "bruce" i said as i lifted my head to look at him "yes" "promise me you'll be careful, i can't have anything happen to you" i said, tears threatening to spill.

He scooted closer to me, grabbing my hand and looking me sternly in the eyes "i promise you y/n, i'll be okay." he said, i stared at him searching for any signs of truth, but the thing is is that i trust him, it's the grabber i don't trust, as much as bruce says he'll be safe, he's not.

"look, i cant guarantee that robin is...alive but one day you'll get justice" "that's not what i want" "i know beautiful, but there isn't anything you can do, he's gone." i shook my head feeling the tears in my eyes finally spill.

i quickly wiped it and looked at bruce "he is y/n, it's been 2 months, a kidnapper doesn't just keep kids for long amounts of time" bruce tried snapping some sense into me but i didn't listen.

He sighed as he stared at me "let's sleep on it, talk in the morning, today was rough" he said as he got under my covers, he brung me under them too, holding me close to him as he switched the night lamp off.

The only light filling the room being the moonlight. All i could see was his figure sat beside me.
"Are you gonna stay with me" i asked "yes, all night" he mumbled as he placed his head on my chest. "thank you, bruce" "it's okay" he mumbled, his voice telling me he was bound to fall asleep within the minute.

NOVA SPEAKS

i'm alive 🌚

i forgot this book existed but the views have been dropping so i lost motivation 😀