Chapter 2 Engrave the Beat in the Heart!

Ophelia didn't expect to meet Hiiro after 2 years of not seeing each other. One of the main reasons she knew him was because they went to the same University back in the U.S. and encountered him for the first time. Hiiro was a new student and one of the Professors chose her to help him improve his English communication.

Ophelia accepted the requests and helped Hiiro improve his English communication skills despite his excellent writing skills. They're getting along very well despite Hiiro's cold expression, he cares for her secretly and appreciates the efforts she put up for him. Hiiro confessed his love to Ophelia and after one year of dating, he broke up with her for using and manipulating her feelings. Ophelia assumed he loved her for who she was and not being related to Barron's family. Hiiro proved her wrong and used Ophelia for a reputation leaving the black-haired woman broken.

She's still heartbroken by Hiiro's confession but needs to mask her true feelings like before. His words didn't matter to Ophelia after 2 years of breaking up.

"Ophelia." Her hazel eyes look up to meet Hiiro's dark brown eyes.

"Kagami." She called his surname and refused to call his first name unless it was necessary. "What do you need to talk about?"

"Your abilities and how long you've had it." Hiiro answered and didn't expect her to order strawberry cake and tea for him while she had a coffee latte. 'She also prepared me a knife when I used to cut my food.' He thoughts.

"Long time when I was born." Ophelia answered and stroked her cup. "My birth parents abandoned me because their firstborn is meant to be a son but it's a daughter instead. They sent me to an orphanage and I knew— I was different from them."

Hiiro knew Ophelia was adopted by Haruka and William because she told him about her family. It angers him for abandoning their child but Ophelia is happy to be with her adopted family. Based on her tone, he assumed she found her birth parents and found out the reason for sending her to an orphanage. She's better off without them and made a successful career.

"How long have you been back?" He changed the subject knowing Ophelia was getting more uncomfortable with her abilities. It's not easy to reveal in public after not seeing the person for a long time. Hiiro respects her boundaries and is willing to listen until she's ready to explain.

"A month and I asked your father not to say anything of my arrival." Ophelia answered truthfully and stood up to leave him enjoying his dessert. "He's stubborn and tries to convince me to work with him." She wanted to know the real reasons for breaking up but didn't dare to ask him.

He isn't surprised by Haima's antics of convincing Ophelia to work with them. Haima is one of Barron's family friends and he's always kept in touch with them. Hiiro wouldn't be surprised if her adopted parents knew her abilities and aided in defeating the Bugster if needed.

"Ophelia, wait." Hiiro stops Ophelia to leave. "What's your real reason to help us?"

Ophelia simply smiles at his question. "Does it have to be a reason?" She walked away leaving him alone in the cafe.

He hums and cuts his cake. It amazed him to know she still remembered his hobbies. 'You're a different person I met from 2 years ago. It's difficult for me to read you like an open book.' Hiiro couldn't say the same thing for himself as he changed after the years passed by.

————————————————————

Ophelia hums different tunes but only turns out an off-key sound. She cringed and shook off the idea before sighing heavily. "For someone who's no longer a singer and dancer... my song is like a wailing banshee."