Chapter 22 The Max Dead or Alive!

Their two Knights are down and unable to stay on the field. Not only did Ophelia get sick because Kuroto injected her with a virus, but Zilar got poisoned because the final attack filled with darkness and death harmed him. Both of them are out of commission at the moment and Luna created an antidote to cure Zilar's poison. It all thanks to Ophelia implanted the medical knowledge on her.

Kyoutarou called all the CR members for an emergency meeting. "If you do not stop Dan Kuroto within the next couple of days... you doctors will be expelled from CR, and stripped of your ability to become Kamen Riders. Barron Ophelia Selene, Luna, Argent Zilar and Amou Kanade will be in jail and revoked their jobs." He warned them.

Kanade is leaning on the wall with her arms crossed and a blank look. Poppy and Haima looked shocked at the warning if they failed to apprehend Kuroto. The red-haired masked her anger and clenched her hand tight. "There are three reasons. As a result of disregarding instructions from the Ministry of Health, Dan Kuroto escaped and is occupying the GENM building." Kyoutarou explained. "An important Gamer Driver was destroyed." Emu looked at his driver sadly. "Also an involvement of defeating the Bugsters when it's not your problem." Kanade looked away while Emu looked at her worriedly. "I cannot stand up for you any longer. Please understand." Kyoutarou did his best to defend their actions but he's outnumbered them.

"I'm... sorry... Kyoutarou-sensei." Emu apologized for failing to capture Kuroto and fell for his plan. His actions put Ophelia and Zilar in danger and they got hurt by Kuroto.

"What's their condition?" Kyoutarou accepted his apology and asked about their well-being.

"Luna-san created an antidote to cure Zilar-san because Genm's attack poisoned him due to his dark powers and still unconscious at the moment." The genius gamer explained about their conditions. "Fee-chan— I mean, Ophelia-chan's temperature is on and off but no sign of Game Syndrome at the moment."

"I see..." He nodded his head with a grim. "I'll update her parents about it." Kyoutarou ended the call.

"To fight Genm, we need the power of the new Gashat." Taiga suggested it because the silver Gashat wasn't working on him when he tried to use it.

"What's that Gashat?" Poppy asked and couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"It contains the data for a system the coroner left behind." Hiiro answered while glancing at the window to observe Ophelia with a worried look.

"Eh!? Kiriya-san!?" Emu yelled in shock and couldn't believe Kiriya left them something before he died.

"He thought from a pathological standpoint, that reprogramming... would be effective against the Bugster virus." He explained.

"Reprogramming!" Poppy exclaimed happily before tilting her head. "What's that?" She asked curiously.

"That means to rewrite the gene of the Bugsters!" Emu commented while looking at him.

"But it's pointless. It didn't activate when Taiga used it." Nico pointed out.

Kana pushes herself forward while facing them. "I highly doubt Ophelia would work with that Gashat— if she hadn't got stabbed by Kuroto or had Game Driver with her."

"It's a miracle she didn't have Game Syndrome. Why?" Taiga asked curiously.

She hummed and glanced at Hiiro discreetly before looking at Taiga. "Maybe it has something to do with her ability. It acts like self-dense to eliminate the virus but gives her flu." Kanade explained.

"Fee-chan and Zilar-san..." Emu muttered their name worriedly. The red-haired woman approached him and patted his shoulder. "Kanade-san." He noticed her eyes filled with worry yet assurance.