Chapter 17 Suddenly in a Fantasy!?

Ophelia opened her eyes slowly to see a white ceiling. The last thing she remembers is their shock and collapse after saving Emu.

"Don't make this a habit, Ophelia." She turned her head to face Hiiro. Hiiro's eyes are relieved and annoyed at the stunt she pulled. "I'm starting to think you're worse than the intern." She always puts others first before herself and it makes him worry about her well-being.

"How's Emu?" Ophelia asked Hiiro worriedly.

Hiiro sighs heavily and flicks her forehead. She would ask about Emu's condition first before herself. She flinched at the pain and pouts. The genius surgeon ignored her look. "You never failed to ask their condition before yourself. The intern is fine and he's still unconscious."

She sighed in relief to hear Emu's condition but looked worried about how he'd react once he was conscious. "Is he—" Hiiro shook his head in denial and Ophelia lowered her gaze. "I see... not even that song could cure him."

"We'll figure it out, Ophelia." Hiiro assured her and stroked her hand. "Don't worry too much."

"I'll try not too." She made no promises and Hiiro accepted her words for now.

"Get some rest. Sakura made a lie to say you're off sick and you're not working at the moment." Hiiro explained and Ophelia nodded her head. "I mean it, Ophelia." He gave her a pointed look and she glared back.

"Fine." She pouts while crossing her arms in annoyance. Ophelia is on bed rest and Hiiro refused to discharge her.

Before the genius surgeon left, he kissed Ophelia's forehead and Ophelia blushed at his rare affectionate. "He's going to kill me someday." The former goddess whispered once Hiiro left her alone in the room.

————————————————————

"Why didn't a Bugster emerge despite Ophelia saving him?" Hiiro asked curiously. It didn't make sense to him after Ophelia, Kanade and Luna used the Miracle Harmony song to cure Emu but he still has the virus.

"It's a huge relief that Emu's fine, though!" Poppy exclaimed happily relieved her friend was still alive. She glanced in Luna's direction who was recharging at the moment while connecting to the computer. After teleporting them back to their CR base, the female android shut down. Luna's energy was low and needed to recharge.

Haima nodded his head. "It is a huge relief. How's Ophelia-chan?" He asked Hiiro curiously since he insisted on taking care of her.

"She's on bed rest until I say otherwise." Hiiro answered bluntly and looked at the table with a stern expression. "This isn't the time to relax. A Bugster is lying dormant in him and not even their healing could get rid of it."

The director nodded his head once more. "Right! We can't relax just yet."

"Why can't you relax about?" Poppy and Hiiro turned around to see Emu regain his consciousness.

"Of course, that's..." He didn't notice Emu.

"Emu!" Poppy yelled out his name in surprise.

"Yes, exactly!" His eyes widened in shock after hearing Emu's name.

"Yo!" Emu greeted them happily while saluted.

"You need to rest in the quarantine room!" Haima scolded the genius gamer. He couldn't believe Emu left the quarantine room without resting.

"Don't worry about me!" Emu assured Haima while he patted his shoulder.

"Ore?" He muttered and never heard him speaking like that before.