Chapter 7 Elena Grace Briar

Three months passed since Ophelia came back from Japan. A lot of things happened to save people from the Bugster virus and gain companions to stop them. The black-haired woman often helps them if it's necessary but they can handle themselves.

Ophelia is sitting on the bench by herself while enjoying the scenery of the park. Hiiro called her and asked to meet him at the park to talk privately. She agreed and wondered what he needed to see her alone for this time. "I should buy something for Luna as she always covers my shift when I aid them." Ophelia muttered under her breath thinking about what to buy for her as Christmas is coming and soon she'll be turning 21. "Time flies so fast." The black-haired woman thought of going back to London to celebrate New Year with her family.

"Ophelia." Ophelia turned around to face Hiiro. "I'm glad you came." Hiiro is relieved that she agreed to see him alone again without anyone interrupting them.

"Your tone was different and I accepted it." Ophelia answered and Hiiro sat down right next to her. "Do you need something from me?" She asked.

Hiiro exhales silently and finally expresses how he feels for the past 2 years without her. "I wanted to apologize for hurting you, Ophelia." His tone is filled with sincerity and regret while Ophelia looks shocked. "There was a reason I broke up with you and the reason for keeping my previous relationship secret. I'm scared to lose you again like I did with Saki."

Ophelia lowered her gaze and remained silent to let him continue to speak. She knew in her heart that Hiiro had a reason for the breakup because of the way he acted. It hurts her deeply as if someone stabbed her heart.

"I don't want you to get involved in dealing with the Bugster and thought maybe you staying out of the country— gives me reassurance you're safe from harm." Hiiro smiled sadly and noticed she didn't look at his eyes. "Here you are... saving us from black Ex-Aid and exposing us to your skills. I'm doing everything in my power to protect you from harm but it's the opposite. You help us a lot despite the strained relationship we have." She's not a Kamen Rider from the very beginning but she is willing to use her abilities and skills to help them.

"Why did you never mention Saki to me, Hiiro?" She calls his first name and stares at his brown eyes filled with pain and sorrow. "Do you even trust me?"

"I do trust you, Ophelia." He holds her hand and grips it gently. "I'm scared you would treat me differently the way I used to treat Saki before."

Ophelia's lips quiver and tears come out from her eyes. She wanted to mask her pain but it was overwhelming for her to hold. "I could never hate you Hiiro. It still hurts from what you did to me. If we're going to uncover secrets... let me tell you the whole truth about me." She sniffs and wipes her tears. "Before I could even start, do you even believe parallel universe and being reborn from different worlds?"

Hiiro looked at her hazel eyes to see they were nothing but the truth. Ophelia is a terrible liar to makes a lot of excuses but the way she asked, there's no hint of a joke only serious. "After everything that's going on in this world, I believe I do."

Ophelia's lip twitched up in relief to see him being open-minded about her beginning of the past. "I was born from a different Earth, no existence of Bugsters or Kamen Riders but something else. My previous name was Elena Grace Briar, the descendant of Alita the former Goddess of Moon Knight."

"You were a descendant of a Goddess?" Hiiro couldn't help but ask in surprise. It explained a lot why some people called her Goddess because her ancestor was one of them.

"Yeah, Alita didn't have any children but she chose me as her descendant." She explained. "From my world, we're dealing with an unknown creature called Noise. This Noise has the ability to form in various shapes and sizes, but all of them are equipped with a means of attack. They only target humans and by a single direct attack or touch from them, we would be dissolved by it."