Chapter 15 The Unusual Burgster?

It's rare for Emu and Ophelia to hang out together because it's a coincidence they're off-duty. Ophelia didn't mind that Emu was playing the Mighty X game while watching him with a content look on her face.

People find it weird for Emu to ignore his date but none of them know they're not on a date but to relax. Poppy suggested giving Emu some time off his surgery training because he worked nonstop and dealt with the Bugsters. Ophelia appreciated her concern and planned to treat something for the pink-haired Bugster.

Emu laughs gleefully and clears the game of Mighty Action X without pausing the game. He heard Ophelia's soft laugh and smiled in embarrassment for almost ignoring her. "Sorry, Fee-chan. I didn't mean to ignore you."

"It's fine, Emu." Ophelia assured him with a smile. It's not the first time it happened for Emu to play his game whenever she's around. "I'm happy to see you relax despite the odd date we have." She teased him lightly and Emu shook his head in amusement.

"Speaking of odd date." He placed his console game player on the table. "What's happening between you and Hiiro-san? I've noticed he's getting soft on you." Emu and Poppy noticed Hiiro's behavior changed when Ophelia was around only for her. Hiiro shows his rare caring side and compliments Emu. The genius gamer was surprised at his Hiiro's compliments and wondered if it had something to do with Ophelia's influence on him.

Ophelia hums and leans back on the chair. "He wanted to fix our relationship the way it used to." She explained truthfully and his eyes widened in surprise. "He explained the main reason for our breakup and vowed to fix things." The former goddess didn't want to tell Emu about their few dates because she knew he wouldn't stop pestering them.

"Are you giving him a second chance?" He asked curiously. Emu knew Ophelia was a forgiving person and was terrified to open up another relationship. Emu failed to notice what Ophelia's been through and vowed to look after her.

Ophelia nodded her head once. "Yeah, I can tell he's being sincere, Emu. We're taking it slow and see how it goes."

Emu nodded his head and understood her wishes. "If he breaks your heart again, I'll give him a good beat for making you cry." He vowed and Ophelia laughed in amusement.

"Yeah, I know you will." She smiled softly and knew Emu wouldn't last his fight with Hiiro through fists.

Emu pouts at Ophelia for the lack of faith. "You're mean sometimes." He tried to grab his burger and frowned while touching it. "Eh? Since when did—"

Ophelia tilts her head and they follow Emu's hand to see a giant burger right next to his head. "Eh?"

"Mhm?" It looked up to see them waiting with a bewildered look.

"Kya!" Ophelia squeaks in shock and moves her chair backward in fear. 'I can't believe I didn't sense it!' She wailed mentally and went blank.

"An oni!?" Emu yelled to see a mask to cover its identity. "You're not Poppy, right?" He asked nervously.

"Impossible, Poppy's aura is radiant pink." Ophelia explained and reluctantly lowered its mask to unveil their identity. "No way..." It turned around to be a burger Bugster.

"Eek!" It cries out in shock while Ophelia jumps in surprise and hides behind Emu.

The Bugster tried to run but crashed one of the tables. The former goddess cringed at its panic state and ran on the other side to flee while Emu chased him off. Emu tripped over his feet and fell ungracefully while Ophelia sighed at his clumsiness.

Emu used his game scope to contact Poppy. "It's Hojou! Fee-chan and I found a Bugster!" He informed them in a panic tone.

Ophelia couldn't help but gape at the situation. "Normally, the Bugster would attack us but this one— ran away and I sense no malicious of it." She muttered under her breath.