Chapter 10 The Targeted Snowy Xmas!

Sakura hums and receives a call from her boyfriend. "Hey, Kiriya." She greeted him softly.

"How's my girl doing?" Kiriya asked how her day had been.

"Things are fine and I finished my shift early." Sakura answered and walked towards her home. "How's your investigation coming along?" She asked curiously.

Sakura had known her boyfriend is Kamen Rider Lazer a long time after his friend died. She knew the risks and couldn't stop worrying about him even though he could look after himself.

"I hate to say this Sakura but things are more dangerous and I don't want you to get involved." Kiriya spoke up in his rare soft tone. He wouldn't forgive himself if anything happens to her.

"You and I both know that I've been involved for a long time especially—"

"I know and when are you planning to tell her about them?" Kiriya asked curiously. "Sooner or later, she's bound to find out about it." He reminded her of the consequences.

"Yeah, to be honest? It's killing me inside for not saying it but at the same time— it's not my part to tell her." Sakura explained softly. "If anything, they should explain the situation. I'm more worried about you, Kiriya. I feel uneasy about this plan of yours."

"Everything is going to be fine." Kiriya assured her but deep inside, it's a lie and something terrible is going to happen. "What'll be our Christmas dinner for today?" He changed the subject.

"Hmm... it's going to be a surprise, Kiriya." Sakura teased him with a playful smile.

"Darling, I'm dying to know what'll be for our dinner." He whined and smiled hearing her soft laugh.

"You'll have to see it for yourself, Kiriya." She refused to reveal their dinner. "I love you and stay safe."

"I love you, Sakura. So much that my heart yearns for you, always." He ends the call.

Sakura sighs sadly while holding her phone. Her heart is beating in fear of Kiriya's safety. 'Why do I feel like he's goodbye and the last time I hear him?' She asked worriedly and tears came out from her eyes. "Tha-that's strange, tears coming out for no reason."

"Sakura?" She turned around to face the red-haired woman and a young Detective man. "What happened?"

"I-I-feel like something terrible is going to happen, Zilar and Kanade." She answered in a hushed tone while her heart was racing in fear for Kiriya.

"Why don't we get inside and explain everything to us, Sakura." Zilar suggested as they all came inside Sakura's apartment.

Zilar excused himself to grab a glass of water from Sakura while Kanade was comforting her friend. "Have some water, Sakura." He handed her a glass of water.

"Thank you." She sniffs and drinks it. "I'm sorry about this..."

"There's nothing to apologize for, Sakura." Kanade assured her. "Did something happen to make you feel upset?"

"I was on the phone with Kiriya and asked usual things how I've been." Sakura answered while gripping her glass. "Things were getting serious about keeping a secret without telling Ophelia about you guys until he changed the subject about our dinner."

"He's not breaking up with you is he?" Kanade asked her calmly but mentally trying to kill Kiriya if he broke her heart.

"No." She shook her head. "He was doing an investigation and thinking if I got involved, my life would be more dangerous. Kiriya refused to say it but he— he was saying how much he loves me but I feel like he's in danger. Kanade and Zilar. Please save him." Sakura begged to save Kiriya before he could put himself in harm.