Chapter 16 The Revealed Truth

Emu called Asuna and Hiiro to chat with him at the rooftop. Ophelia is still unconscious after treating injuries and Luna stayed by her side. He needs to find some answers from them and hopes it will clear his questions.

"Hey... why the grim look?" Asuna asked Emu worriedly. 'I've never seen him like that before unless he worried something related to the patients or us.' She thoughts.

"I'm busy. If you have something to tell me, then make it brief." Hiiro reminded him and wanted to check Ophelia's condition.

"Remember what Genm said?" Emu asked and remembered Kuroto's words.

"𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝙱𝚞𝚐𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛... 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝?" It echoes through his mind.

"My body... what did he mean by that?" Emu asked and wanted one of them to answer his question.

Hiiro narrowed his eyes and remembered Taiga and Ophelia's warning of the consequences if Emu found out about his condition. He remained quiet and Emu didn't like it. "Hiiro-san! You're hiding something from me, aren't you? Even Fee-chan does!" He accused them of not answering the question but only dodged it.

'I wish Ophelia was here to help me.' Hiiro thoughts and none of them know when she's going to be awake soon.

"Kiriya-san, Taiga-san, Fee-chan and even you, Hiiro-san..." Emu steps forward. "... have been hiding something from me. What's the Compatibility Surgery!? Why am I able to transform into Ex-Aid?"

"That's because you're a genius gamer!" Asuna answered truthfully.

"Then how... did this Gashat get created from me!?" He exclaimed and showed them the Mighty Brothers XX Gashat.

"I... don't know that either." She stammered nervously and didn't have the right answer to his question. Asuna and the others knew only Kuroto was capable of creating a Gashat using the equipment.

"Hiiro-san." He called the genius surgeon. "Please tell me the real reason you attacked and Fee-chan gets overprotective of me!" Emu pleads and hopes he can get answers from the genius surgeon.

Hiiro exhaled softly and stared at him. "I also have something else to tell you."

"What is it?" Emu asked him curiously.

"Hand your Gashats over to me." He answered bluntly and refused to tell him his reasons.

Asuna looked shocked at his sudden requests. "Wait... Hiiro, what are you talking about?"

"I require your Gashats for CR activities." Hiiro explained.

"Please don't change the subject." Emu snapped at him angrily for refusing to answer his question.

Their game scope blared and looked at it. "We've got an emergency call." Asuna explained.

Hiiro lowered his game scope. "I will go." He approached Emu and raised his hand. "Your Gashats..."

Emu gives him a look. "I'll go." He declared. "Look after Fee-chan." The genius gamer shoves him away and runs off.

"Oi!" He yelled and Emu refused to go back.

Asuna followed Emu behind leaving Hiiro alone. "If only I had my Gashats..." He muttered and stared at the door. "I could cure him of Game Syndrome."

His phone rings and notices the caller is Ophelia. "It must be Luna since she holds Ophelia's phone." The genius surgeon answered the call. "Yes?"

"Ophelia-sama is awake, just to let you know." Hiiro's assumption is right as the voice comes from Luna and it relieves him of her condition.