Chapter 31 Judgment is Passed

"You guys are facing Graphite, Lovelica and Parado before you meet the next unknown character." Sakura pointed out and couldn't help but feel uneasy. "It's like a calm before the storm."

Ophelia nodded in agreement. "That's why we depend on you to check our vitals, Sakura. You and Luna are the only ones who gain more knowledge of our transformations and access our forms to examine them." She pointed out and took off the necklace from her neck.

Sakura glanced at Ophelia. "I'm struggling to believe you're related to Dan Kuroto and his father. To think you're the illegitimate child of Dan Masamune... it's twisted and understood why Kuroto tried to kill you." The former creator of Symphogear user was informed by Ophelia about Kuroto's obsession with her and found out they're related. Ophelia refused to acknowledge having Kuroto as her older half-brother after everything he'd done for the past few years.

"Yeah..." She placed the necklace inside the box and closed it. 'It's for the best...' Ophelia thought and gripped it tight.

"What happens after we end the Kamen Rider Chronicle and bring everyone back?" Kanade asked Ophelia curiously.

"I'll return to London and work with my dad's family hospital." Kanade and Ophelia were surprised at her plan when they were going to stop the Kamen Rider Chronicle. "I'll come back when the threat is getting more dangerous and there's enough of you to deal with it."

"That and saying farewell to Hiiro for good and starting a fresh life." Sakura suggested and the former goddess remained silent. "Sweetheart, we know what you're feeling right now. The question is why did you give him a second chance?"

Ophelia exhales softly. "I'm not against forgetting Saki-san because he was her first love." She explained calmly. "He's sincere and asks for a second chance to redeem himself. I enjoyed the small amount of time I spent with him but... I could never compete with a dead girl and he'll do everything to save her— going back to her. No matter how much he loves me— I can't love him back in return once he sorts out his feelings."

"Ophelia..." Sakura whispered her name worriedly and felt sympathy from the heartache she'd been through. "It's not fair to hide it."

"It's selfish for me— to have Hiiro with me when I knew Saki is the only person who would make him happier than me." Her game scope blared as it alerted the Bugsters.

"Bugsters." Kanade spoke up after recognizing the alarm sound.

"Go." Sakura urged them to leave her apartment and defeat the Bugsters. "They need you."

Ophelia and Kanade nodded before they left Sakura alone. The former creator of Symphogear user sighed softly at Ophelia's pain endurance. "Ophelia... you suffered a lot of pain and didn't deserve it."

————————————————————

Ophelia showed up as the Rider player and slashed Parado's attack as it split in half. They were startled at her appearance and Parado smirked in amusement to see her alone. "That's quick, Moon." The male Bugster complimented her actions.

"Leave, Haima-san." Ophelia ordered the Rider player after recognizing the aura before she intervened. "I won't forgive myself if anything happens to you."

"Ophelia-chan!?" Haima was surprised to see her and cringed at revealing her name out loud. "I mean— I don't know you miss." He hides his face despite transforming into a Rider player to conceal their identity.

"You're a terrible liar, Dr Kagami." Kanade joined in with her Gungnir form. "You can't escape from Ophelia's sight."

Haima chuckled nervously knowing he was in trouble for participating in the forbidden game. 'Hiiro, forgive your father for being reckless.'