Chapter 28 We're Me!?

Hiiro grabs his collar angrily. "Wake up, intern!" He yelled Emu worriedly.

Emu shoved Hiiro away before holding Level 50 Gashat of Knock Out Fighter and Perfect Puzzle. He twists to activate Knock Out Fighter Gashat while everyone looks surprised.

"Why does he have Paradox's Gashat?" Taiga asked out loud and couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Ophelia stood up with the help of Poppy and Nico. "That's not Emu we know." She informed them and they looked at her. "Parado merged with him and took over his body. It explains why he had the Gashat because of Parado."

Kanade's eyes widened in realization. "Then that means—" She saw Ophelia nod her head sadly. "Damn it."

"Henshin." Parado smirked in amusement. 'That's one of the things that I love about you, Moon. You analyze the situation fast and never cease to amuse me.' The male Bugster thought.

"Dual up! Knock Out Fighter!"

Hiiro and Taiga activated their Gashat.

"Henshin!"

"Henshin!"

"Taddle Quest!"

"Bang Bang Shooting!"

Emu punched Hiiro and Taiga before his fists were covered in a fire before swaying it. It took them one hit to stay down. "I'm sick of being a doctor." He expressed how he felt and looked at Ophelia. "You should've stayed by my side, Fee." He disappeared before anyone could stop him.

————————————————————

"Oh, no! I'm in a pipupepopanic!" Poppy yelled in shock while holding her head.

Nico shoved Poppy away. "How did M transform into Paradox!?" She asked before being shoved back by Poppy.

"There's no way Emu would quit being a doctor! There..."

"... must be some reason!" Nico and Poppy yelled as they demanded an explanation.

"You guys..." Luna's body shook in anger before whacking their heads. "One question at a time! Stop shoving each other!" She yelled and summoned a hammer to slam the table as they squeaked in fear.

Taiga looked at the table blankly. "There is only one answer." He glanced at Hiiro.

"Parado has always had a strange obsession with the intern and... Ophelia." Hiiro answered while glancing at Ophelia as she flinched, surprised at her name.

Ophelia and the others are back in CR to have a meeting about Emu's situation. None of them would've imagined all this time Emu's Bugster is Paradox and his strange obsession towards Emu and Ophelia.

"Also... every time we tried operating on him... no Bugster emerged." Hiiro explained.

"The Bugster isn't appearing." Nico pointed out.

Kanade hums and looks at Ophelia. "Didn't this crazy doctor, Zaizen Michihiko, perform surgery on Emu? 6 years ago." The red-haired pointed out as she recalled the crazy doctor from the Pac-Man incident.

Ophelia glanced at Luna. "Luna, would you retrieve the videos from 6 years ago? Their disappearance when they perform a surgery." She asked the female android.

Luna shook her head after hacking the system without being traced. "Negative. The video was cut off after they turned themselves into Bugsters." She answered truthfully.

The former goddess noticed their expression and explained. "16 years ago, Kuroto gave Emu a game sample when he was young without knowing the Game Syndrome virus on it. The virus was still growing inside of him as he grew older—his personality changed when it related to games and I often argued with him about his health." She wouldn't forget they fought through calls and lost contact until returning to Japan after studying or working overseas. "He collapsed for pushing himself and Zaizen took the opportunity to examine him as the first patient zero of game syndrome. That's how Parado was born."