Chapter 2

Professor Weasley has told me that after I finished my classes, I should stop by her classroom. I'd hope that she wouldn't be upset for my tardiness as I took a long detour to Crossed Wands and had my first unsanctioned duel. If I thought a one-on-one duel was fun, dueling with a partner—especially a talented one like Sebastian—was more so. I did get intimidated when we began once I saw everyone casting what it looked like impressive spell work. It's to be expected to see that they would know more powerful spells than me, but I got to see the point Professor Hecat made in class on simplicity. Even though I only have basic spells for offence, a levitation spell and stupify, Sebastian provided what I lacked. We came up with a nonverbal plan of me breaking our opponent's shields by levitation and he would go offence on them in their defenseless state.

And while we fought, I had a memory that occurred during Charms class. I casted accio on one of our opponents and they flew straight towards us in mid-air. That look on Sebastian's face was truly amusing.

"That was a splendid move, Holloway," he praised, as he attacked our levitating foe.

"It was your idea, actually." I blocked an incoming spell and immediately casted stupify.

He broke out in laughter. "You little eavesdropper. You overheard what I said in class."

We ended up winning the match, and I wasn't surprised.

I opened the door to the Transfiguration classroom and saw Professor Weasley talking to a house-elf. The elf quickly excused himself before disappearing from where he stood. Professor Weasley smiled in greeting. "Miss Holloway, I hope to hear that your classes went well today."

"They were rather entertaining, Professor."

"Splendid. I heard from Professors Hecat and Ronen that you were able to hold your own. Seems Professor Fig has taught you well in preparation coming to Hogwarts. In light of that, I am quite curious as to what happened after that dragon attack I heard about. I'm afraid Professor Fig was rather vague on the details. I have my suspicions that there is more to the story than looking for lost belongings and a long trip to the castle."

"I'm afraid that's all there is to it, Professor."

"Hmm...very well, if you and Professor Fig are adamant about it. And back to your studies, I encourage you to continue honing what you have learned. As you no doubt have heard from your professors, they will be giving you extra assignments to help you catch up with the other fifth years. I've heard from Professor Ronen that he'll be meeting you outside in a moment for your first one. Now, there is the matter of your supplies. Since much of it has either been missing or destroyed, we have arranged to replace them for you. You can collect them at Hogsmeade. And while you're there, you can visit Ollivander's to get your own wand. I'm glad that the borrowed wand is working well for you thus far, but I'm sure it'll be astounding to see you cast with a wand that truly connects with you."

"That's really what I'm most eager to get. I honestly can't wait," I said with a huge grin on my face.

"I'm glad to hear. Now, as this will be your first visit to Hogsmeade, I'll be assigning a student to go with you to show you around. They will meet you after you are finished with Professor Ronen at the Bell Tower castle entrance."

"Thank you so much, Professor."

"It's a pleasure. Now, off you go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished with Professor Ronen in no time at all, so now I'm following the golden trail to lead me to the Bell Tower. Of course, I couldn't help but stop once in a while to admire the new locations I came across. I was very fond of the statue of creatures in Central Hall when I saw that the mermaid statues slowly circled around in the basin like they were swimming underwater. And what also caught my attention was the moving mural right above the entrance to the library. It was depicting a large dragon that breathed out smoke from its nostrils as it slept. And as the dragon slept, a knight moved closer to the dragon, looking like it was tickling it. Strange.